Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Natasha, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

im loooking to purchase my first home with a credit score of 620,582,612 is that great or do i need to fix my credit more?

Asked by Natasha, Philadelphia, PA Wed Aug 22, 2012

Answers

13
Go to your bank or call a mortgage broker the best agent can only refer you to a mortgage broker so ask for referals to a mortgage broker once you have been PREAPROVED then interview at lease three Agents and the one question you should ask is what can you do for ME. Start with the one that goes over the Consumer Notice before doing anything else first. If you want to know why call me at 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2012
As the answers below state, your scores are a little low. Get some revolving credit like credit cards, use them and keep them paid down.
The scores are low. However there are programs some lenders have which may allow you to still obtain the purchase loan. Credit repair is highly recommended and we can refer you to just the company to take care of this.
I can provide you with a number of different lenders which may be able to help you shop for your loan and test your qualification based on the existing score.
unless you are working with an agent - please contact me any time at 610-348-8389.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
700 E. Township Line Road, Suite 100
Havertown, PA 19083
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Fax:484-453-8313
Licensed In Pennsylvania

Dmytro V. Bova
Bova Realty Group
Yes Natasha it is good. Credit could always be better and you probably will want to work on it a little. Higher credit will get you a better rate which will save money. There are things you can do to raise your score. I am currently helping others with their real estate search while working on credit.
Hi Natasha,

That is a great credit score. And I have a great mortgage rep that is ready to help you with your financing needs. I would be more than happy to assist you with your purchase. Call or email me.

Kathy Johnson
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
Licensed in PA
k.johnson@cbhearthside.com
kathy.johnson@hearthsideirt.com
Toll Free: 1.877.947. 6006 x 3264
Cell: 267.978.2029
Fax: 866.783.5048
Hi Natasha,

Your credit scores make you a great candidate for a mortgage. I have a great mortgage rep. that will be more than happy to meet with you and help answer any questions you may have. Call or email me.

Christopher McAroy
Re/Max Eastern
215-953-8812 Direct
chrismcaroy@gmail.com
Hello Natasha,

I have loan programs with credit scores down to 560.

However you will pay a higher rate for a lower credit score. My suggestions is to let me look at your credit and suggest some quick fixes if they are available to you.

DO NOT pay off collections at this time
DO NOT dispute anything on your credit report.

If you do either of these things you will regret it.

Talk to someone that can actually help you improve your score without charging you any money to do so. I will do it because I want to get paid when I do your mortgage.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
Hi Natasha, so we look at your middle score, in your case a 612. You typically need between a 640-680 to qualify for a mortgage, but my collegues have posted some great alternatives below. I would speak to a few of them, get a few quotes, and then make your decision. Good luck to you! Let me know if I can help in any way.
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
I have a lender that would do a loan with your credit scores. If you would like me to put you in touch with them you can reach me at 267-228-3910

Nick Sylvestro
Associate Broker
Remax Access
Hi Natasha,

I have a great lender who can help get you approved. Call me at 267-688-1110.

Warm Regards,

Keith

Keith J. Lawson
REALTOR®
RE/MAX Affiliates N.E.
9237 Frankford Ave.
Phila, PA 19114
267-688-1110 (cell)
215-992-5534 (office)
LawsonRE@gmail.com (email)
http://www.keithlawsonhomes.com (web)
Member- N.A.R.,P.A.R.,G.P.A.R
Member - AREAA Philadelphia Metro
Follow me on Facebook at http://facebook.com/keith.j.lawson
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/KEITHJLAWSON
Good morning Natasha ;
You may be ready to purchase.Citizens Bank has a program that goes to a 580 credit score and yours is 612 .The loan officer will be able to tell us for sure.Please contact me and I will work with him to get you an answer.
My best
Don A.Sherman
Remax City and Suburban
Cell-267-716-8228
Hi Natasha,

1st question is did you pull your own credit or have a bank loan officer pull it?
Believe it or not...when you pull your own credit thru the credit bureaus your score will be different than the banks.

One of my lenders will accept a 600 mid credit score, however they will want you to meet some additional requirements.

I also have a rapid rescore program where we can get your mid credit score over 620 in a matter of a few weeks as well, at no cost to you.

Please contact me I'd be glad to help you move forward on a home purchase
Gary~
610.507.6085
gudinson@gmail.com
Natasha, in my experience you'll need a 640 middle score usually for most lenders, some I believe can do 620. So if you were a client of mine I would suggest a couple of lenders that I’ve used and have you talk to them. They would both be able to tell you were you stand, and also be able to help get your scores to where they need to be to get you the best mortgage fit for your needs. So try your local bank, or search under Find a Pro in your area for a lender and go interview them till you find one you like. Make sure they communicate with you and your trust them. You are hiring them to do a job, and that job is to help you to obtain a mortgage.
Best of Luck!
Thanks for the advice I'm going to follow up on your advice.....
Flag Wed Aug 22, 2012