Home Buying in Swartz Creek>Question Details

Jesica, Home Buyer in Swartz Creek, MI

im looking to sell my single wide trailer in swartz creek, michigan, and buy my first home in austin, texas, any advice?

Asked by Jesica, Swartz Creek, MI Tue Apr 12, 2011

i currently own a single wide trailer in a nice park, and want to use the money i make towards purchasing my first home in austin, texas. but how do you go about buying a home in a completely different state?? would my bank even loan me money to buy a home in another state, since my husband and i will both be working new jobs once we get there? we have good credit and dti of about 42%

Answers

2
Hi, Jessica!

I moved to Austin from Wisconsin 10 years ago, and I absolutely love it here! I do not miss the Wisconsin winters.

If you are interested in buying a home in Austin, the first thing you should do is talk to a mortgage professional to find out how much home you can afford. I work as a loan officer at a wholesale mortgage bank located in Austin, TX. I am more than happy to discuss your current situation and give you an idea on how much home you can afford to buy. Please feel free to contact me at 512-584-6109 at your convenience.
First step is to find Realtor in your area to discuss the value of your trailer and enter into a Listing Agreement. Many folks interview 3 Realtors who will each present a Cpmparative Market Analysis (CMA) with a estimate of days needed to find a buyer. Pick the one you feel comfortable with.