Ddnisley, Home Buyer in 46514

im looking to buy a Freddie mac homesteps home and it has an addendum # 1 we have to fill out. Question 21 asks about being relatives.

Asked by Ddnisley, 46514 Wed Jul 18, 2012

where does Freddie mac draw the line on if they sell to family or not?

Answers

1
They are wanting you to say if you will or will not occupy the home as your PRIMARY residence
They are asking you if you are or are not related to the previous owner
They are saying you can not be a supplier of services to Freddie Mac to purchase the home

Also Freddie Mac employees immediate family members are ineligble to purchase these homes.
and a non-resident minor child or dependent for whom the employee has responsibility.)

Also I believe that you need to be represented by a real estate agent to purchase this home, so if you dont have one, I would be happy to help!

Good Luck,
Jody Jones
Realty Group Resources
thanks for your reply. i want to know if the relationship issue is a dis qualifier? we would like to buy a house that was my wife's great aunt. she was foreclosed on by the bank after moving out of state and not paying the mortgage. We do have a Realtor and they have been in contact with Freddie mac about this issue. im just trying to find someone that has dealt with this issue.
Flag Thu Jul 19, 2012