Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

noslakjr, Home Buyer in Ceres, CA

im looking at buying (not built yet) home in Cambridge at Providence las vegas . the lot is aprox 9500square feet, and home is 1992sqft.

Asked by noslakjr, Ceres, CA Sat Feb 22, 2014

can i choose where kb home places the side wall/fence with gate. the builder wants to place almost half way back on lot which will leave huge front yard and decreases back yard considerably. and any feed back from buyers in this area good or bad?

Help the community by answering this question:


Most of the time the builder is unable to make the change that you described. The plan that was submitted when the project was approved by the county or city is what the builder follows. The builder in most cases can't make changes. I would talk to them an ask if it is possible. It never hurts to try.
Suzie Marquardt
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
That's a great question and good example of why you'd want an experienced agent representing you during your home purchase. Your agent can find out if and when a change like that would be possible and also negotiate the additional costs if applicable.

It's important to choose an agent at the beginning of your search for a home because many will not charge you for their services if they can receive payment from the builder or seller. Unfortunately, that option is no longer on the table if you're already established communication with the builder without your own agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
Do you really need such a large lot for a 1992 sq ft home. Are you planning a pool?

David Cooper Helping You Find Great Deals Since 1994
READ MORE http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 23, 2014
Flag Mon Feb 24, 2014
It really depends on few things and the builder . If the builder has already submitted the floor plans , than it might be too late to change. City/planing ordinance is something that needs to be checked as well as Home owners association.

I suggest that if its very important to you and the builder can not move the wall/fence, you might want
to consider looking into another subdivision.
As my fellow Realtor mentioned, its always on the buyer's interest to have a representation since the agents that work on the new home sales office are representing the seller and not you.
Without a buyer's representation, you are pretty much on your own.

For a FREE new homes list, please contact me at 702-612-7099. I will be very happy to meet with you and discuss other options!

Rena Levy
Global Broker/Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099 or CvegasHomes@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.cvegashomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 23, 2014
We have assisted many people with all of the builders here in Vegas. I can call the Sales Manager for you and see what I can do. We've been able to do these types of things depending on many factors. Have you already signed in with sales office? Look forward to helping you. Matt & Kim - LasVegasMatt@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
Great question to ask (before you purchase a property),
Purchasing a home is just like going to court. There are many rules and processes to follow. Every Buyer needs to do the same preparation as if they are going into court.

#1 - Have your own representation. You need an independent person working for you, looking out for your best interest. When purchasing a property, this representation typically comes at no cost to you. The cost of the Buyer representation is already figured in the sale price. You do not get a deal by going it alone. The Seller just keeps the money that the Buyer representation does not get.

#2 - Listen to nothing the other side says to you. The other side wants your money. It is a simple concept. The other side does not work for you and does not have your best interest in their heart. That's is why they are called the Sellers agent.

#3 - Look for an agent with a Certified New Home Specialist (CNHS) designation. They work with the new home Builders and can move mountains to make a new home Buyer happy. Any agent can represent you when working with a new home builder. The CNHS designation shows a specialty and skill set that is available at no cost to you.

As stated in other messages, the building plan for the offsites has been approved and permits issued. If an HOA is involved, you will need to contend with their requirements. Setbacks are set when the development is designed and authorized by the Building Department.

A custom builder may be able to move stuff, but be ready to pay for his trouble. An CNHS working for you typically can mitigate any cost to you as they bring a lot of business to the Builder.

I suggest you ask the builder to do what you want. All they can say is no. In many cases they will say yes and it will not be done when you are ready to close and inspect the property.

Let us know what the Builder says and what the end result is. We are always wanting to do business with the unusual Builder that will go the extra mile to make a Buyer happy.

Try my new mobile app for your phone.
Go to http://www.teamgoldman.org and save it to your home screen.

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Realty One Group
The Brodkin Group
Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
Certified new Home Specialist (CNHS)
REO-BPO Certified
Direct 702-242-1372
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
If you have not purchased yet I highly suggest you consult with a Realtor. They can often help get you extra incentives that the builders won't give to a person off the street. The builders salespeople are not there to represent you but the builder instead. It cost you no money to purchase new through a Realtor and your interest are protected. I live and work in Providence and can help you with your purchase.

If not me I still HIGHLY recommend a qualified Realtor to assist your interest.

Andrew Lunsford
Signature Real Estate Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
I represent many buyers purchasing new homes and have worked for a builder. If the lot is irregular, meaning not the same as 90% of the lots in the neighborhood you can usually get a fence moved depending where in the construction process it is. Also, it is especially helpful to be very nice to the construction superintendent at the site. They may be able to assist you in getting the change you are requesting.

Mike Kruse
VIP Realty Group
Web Reference: Http://lvhomesbymike.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
I represent a lot of buyers purchasing new homes from the builder. In some instances this can be accomplished, however there are many items that need to be considered such as utility easements and such.

There are many details to buying a new home and in a lot of cases I can help save you thousands of dollars as opposed to dealing with the builder directly.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call and I would be happy to discuss everything with you in detail so you can get the contract structured to protect your needs.

Best Regards,

Adam Kaplan
Rock realty Group
Direct: 702-630-5111
Website: http://adamkaplansellsvegas.las.fusionmls.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer