yasminebarth…, Renter in Tinley Park, IL

im a first time home buyer ..with fair credit what would be the first step for me to look into purchasing my first home?

Asked by yasminebarthel, Tinley Park, IL Thu Feb 20, 2014

Answers

8
You may qualify for a $7500 grant from the State of Illinois to help you buy a place. Also, a reputable lender can help you get your credit score up in as little as 30 days.

Contact Lex Carter as he can help you.

Alexis B. Carter, Mortgage Banker
The Federal Savings Bank | 300 N. Elizabeth Street, Suite 3E | Chicago IL 60607 | USA
direct: (312) 667-1977
fax: (312) 667-0089
email: acarter@thefederalsavingsbank.com
web: http://www.thefederalsavingsbank.com/alexiscarter
NMLS# 1047465
Good Morning Yasmine,

Just following up on this post. Hope all is going smoothly for you and again, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!

Patty Romero
Castillo & Associates
708-277-7620
Contact a loan agent! If I can be of any help, please contact me.
Thank you.

Patty Romero
Castillo & Associates
708-277-7620
Hi Yasmine:

I am a local mortgage broker and would be happy to help you get prequalified for a mortgage.

Other companies require a 640 and above score to help with financing; our lenders will go as low as a 550 score. SMC carries an A+ Better Business Bureau Rating and we have worked in the community for over 15 years!

Please call or email me so we can set aside some time to get you prequalified; or visit my website to complete the application http://www.smartmortgageinc.com.

I look forward to working with you!

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Centers
630-478-2684 / 630-854-3459 cell
patty@smartmtgs.net / http://www.smartmortgageinc.com
Hello Yasmine,

The first step would be to become pre-approved for a mortgage. Your lender will look at your income, assets, liabilities and creditworthiness to determine what you are approved for. I would be happy to give you a free professional assessment. I work with over 40 different lenders, which allows me to provide my clients with more opportunities. Feel free to contact me with questions, or to get started.

Ashley Pimentel
Market Place Mortgage
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: (630) 217-7013
apimentel@marketplacemc.com
Yasmine,
You need two top pros and one will often lead to another. A great lender and a great Realtor. Don't assume all are equal just because they have the title, there can be a huge difference. As a first time buyer you want pros who will be patient with you and answer all of your questions, no matter how many times you ask the same ones. There is so much to learn and it's such a big step.
I want to also caution you about one thing. When you have selected your agent and lender, be careful who you listen to beyond them. Friends and family will mean well, but won't know as much as you will about this market once you've been out looking for a bit. In their desire to help you, I've seen many "friends" and family give terrible advice (not always, but often enough) based on what they knew from when they purchased a home. Appreciate their advice, discuss it with your agent and consider if your agent agrees or has a better plan. Best of luck in your exciting adventure.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 20, 2014
The first step is to speak with a Loan Agent. They will review your documents and give you feed back on what steps to take to ensure you will be able to purchase a home. A Realtor in your area will have a good referral for you. Realtors work with a variety of loan agents that specialize in different loan products.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 20, 2014
I would suggest you pick a Realtor in the town you want to live and ask that realtor for a referral to a loan officer to get a pre-approval. then you know the amount, type and when to start the search. Good luck.