Denise Casar…, Home Buyer in Woodlawn Lake, San A...

im a first time buyer i dont really know what to expect

Asked by Denise Casarez, Woodlawn Lake, San Antonio, TX Tue Oct 9, 2012

How do I go about buying a house
How will I know if I qualify

Answers

9
Jason Campbell’s answer
Don't let anyone sell you on how hard it is... because it is WAY EASY!

3 steps.

1 - Get your loan pre-approved. Quck, easy, and free - Go Here: http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - You can thank me later... she has the lowest rates, and a million programs for first time buyers. If credit needs cleaning... she has in-house credit clean folks that work wonders.

2 - Once you are approved, I'll send you a detailed list of all the homes that fit what you are looking for in the area you would like to focus on, so you can pick out the ones you like the most.

3 - We go shopping.

Easy as Pie!

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Connie Antona, Agent, Goshen, NY

Denise,
Your home buying process is best initiated by locating a real estate agent in your area. You want to find someone with experience and knowledge of the area you want to target, and someone who makes you feel comfortable. As a first time buyer, you will have lots of questions and you need to feel free to ask them. The local Board of Realtors can guide you to agencies in your area of interest, and you can use some of the real estate internet sites like Trulia and Zillow to find information about individual realtors. You can also get recommendations from people you know who have recently bought or sold. Don't feel shy about meeting with someone and deciding not to work with them if the match just doesn't feel right. You'll be spending quite a lot of time with them.

Once selected, your Realtor will be able to recomend one or more lenders so you can establish how much of a mortgage you are qualified to get. Once again, you want a lender who will take the time to explain things to you. You will be giving them all your personal financial information, and a good rapport is important. The guidance of your Realtor can be really important in choosing a lender since your eventual transaction will be much smoother if the lender communicates well with your Realtor and any other key people in the process. Also, the Realtor will know lenders who have the experience and skills to do a good job for you. It makes a difference.

When you first meet with a Realtor, it is helpful if you have a general idea of the area or areas that interest you, and what type of home you'd like (single family, condo, rural, city, etc). The Realtor will need to know what price range you think you can afford, but the lender will be the one to give you some valid numbers. Keep in mind that you don't have to spend the full amount that you qualify for, and it's often best not to.

Hope this helps you get started. Your Realtor will guide you the rest of the way.
Connie
Denise,

Please keep in mind that there are many avenues to see how much you would qualify for but a good question to always ask yourself is how much you are comfortable paying each month. This would include how much you have a to "put down" on the home as a downpayment. Point being, it's always better to go into the home buying process with a complete household budget worked out prior to starting the looking process. There can be many "gotchas" along the way when it comes to the first home (i.e. the loan payment does not include additional expenses such as your insurance or property tax which are included in your escrow payment) and having a good understanding of what you can afford budget wise is different than knowing what you can qualify for.

Drew
1. First place to start contact a mortgage broker who will qualify you for a loan.
2. Once qualified then you provide that letter to your Realtor
3. Realtor will interview determine your particulars in a home then process begins.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
The best way to get started is to sit with a real estate agent and ask all the questions you have. After your free consultation. You should sit with a lender who will help you determine how much a bank will lend you. None of this costs you any money but could end up saving you money.

If you would like a sit down let me know. We can meet at my office or at your home.

Marty Shields
Real Living/Best Homes
Consultant
210-725-9607
marty.shields@realliving.com
Hi, Denise,

Gary Keller wrote a book just for you. It's called Your First Home, and it details the process in easy to read language. If you would like a FREE copy, simply drop by our office, and I will give you one.

The first step is to get pre-approved by a strong local lender. I will give you a list of lenders we have found to be trustworthy and professional. I will also give you our Buyers Preferences Questionnaire to help you to identify the must have features of your new home.

Once we have your budget set, we usually spend some time looking at homes to clarify what you like and don't like, and we go see the best of the available inventory that matches with your likes. When we find the right home, we research neighborhood pricing and write an offer. A negotiation with the Seller follows, and with a little luck, we can find the price that the Seller is willing to take and that you are willing to pay. Once agreement is reached, we have a Contract.

Then, the fun begins! First, you hire a professional home inspector to check out all the systems in the home, to make sure that you are not buying a problem home. We use the Inspector's report to negotiate any repairs needed, We check for termites and carpenter ants, We verify property boundaries and easements (Survey), We check for open permits from the city, to make sure that any previous repairs or additions were done properly. We get Homeowner Association documents and review them. We verify that any new repairs were done properly and completed.

Your lender will order an appraisal to insure that you are getting fair value. The Title Company searches for any hidden liens or easements.

I know that all sounds complicated, and it is. Fortunately, if you have a good agent, you agent does all that work and simply reports the details to you as they occur. Once all that is done, and your lender gives the go ahead, you get to write a check, sign a mountain of papers, and start moving.

As you can see, this is not a do-it-yourself project. You need to find the best agent you can. Happily, the Seller's agent pays for your agent, so we don't cost you a penny extra. Your agent works for you. The Seller's agent works for the Seller. So you don't want to be calling listing agents and trying to negotiate with them.

I invite you to come by our office and pick up your Free book, and ask any questions you night have. Please call first to make an appointment, so we can be fully prepared for your visit.

Ellen and Doc Stephens, REALTORS
10999 IH-10 West # 175
San Antonio, TX 78230
(210) 764-9403
Any real estate agent can help you. You need to find an agent that you feel most comfortable with and let them guide you through the process. We have a team of loan officers, inspectors and title people to make the transaction smooth. It does no cost you anything to get this help.

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 771-0110 or email realtorfrances@yahoo.com

Have an awesome day!

Frances Lopez
210.771.0110
http://www.yoursatxrealtor.com
Yes I would love that Mrs Kirby thank you my email is denisecasarez18@gmail.com
Best place to start is to get pre-approved before you start looking at houses. This way you know if you are approved for a loan and how much you are approved for. Also if your credit is not quite there they can tell you what you need to do to get it there without it costing you anything.

I can have a mortgage lender call you because it doesn't cost anything to get pre-approved. Then once you have an approval I could start sending you listing on houses that meet your criteria.

Once you find a house and get a contract acccepted it is all up to the lender to process the loan after that.

I can explain it more in detail if you want to call me in person.