Home Buying in Berwyn>Question Details

Bubbles, Home Buyer in Berwyn, IL

if you live in Berwyn and sell and buy different house do still have to pay for stamps?

Asked by Bubbles, Berwyn, IL Tue Mar 15, 2011

Answers

4
Bubbles: Yes. $10 for each $1,000 of your sale price. There are other closing expenses as well. Feel free to contact me for an estimate of your Net Cash after closing.

Paul Scheufler - Broker, ePro, SFR
630-257-1432
Good morning Bubbles. Regarding your question when selling or buying in Berwyn, based on the most recent information I have, the seller has the primary liability for Berwyn's transfer taxes. The amount of tax is 10/1000. The seller is also responsible for the final water bill, and the village inspection/fee-which is required. In addition, don't forget to include the state and county tax. My office is right in Oak Park, so If you would like a market analysis to determine your homes value, or if you have any further questions, please contact me, sondra.savino at sondra.savino@bairdwarner.com. Best of luck to you -

Sondra Savino
708-697-5900
Good morning Bubbles. Regarding your question when selling or buying in Berwyn, based on the most recent information I have, the seller has the primary liability for Berwyn's transfer taxes. The amount of tax is 10/1000. The seller is also responsible for the final water bill, and the village inspection/fee-which is required. In addition, don't forget to include the state and county tax. My office is right in Oak Park, so If you would like a market analysis to determine your homes value, or if you have any further questions, please contact me, sondra.savino at sondra.savino@bairdwarner.com. Best of luck to you
In the Town of Berwyn each transaction is subject to transfer stamps. They are customarily paid by the sell at closing. If you are purchasing a property than more than likely the seller will be responsible for the cost. If you are selling the property than you are more than likely responsible for the cost.

I hope this is helpful.

Raven Guzik
708.843.3487
Web Reference: http://www.ravenguzik.com