A. Bright, Home Buyer in Vacaville, CA

if you are on the golf course, can you fence your back yard? Fence type or height limit?

Asked by A. Bright, Vacaville, CA Sun Mar 10, 2013

We have a small dog and also want to garden.

Answers

6
I live and work in Oakmont which is an over 55 yr active community just East of Santa Rosa, Ca. We do have rules here about fencing by the golf course. In most cases, you can put up a fence 20 feet from the perimeter of golf course and it can be up to 3 feet which is tall enough for small dogs. My dog is 30 pounds and has never gotten over our own 3 foot fence. Many people here also have dog runs by the side of their homes. Please let me know if I can help further.

Gail Johnson
BRE 01142583
Gailj@sonic.net
RE/MAX Leading Edge
You asked this question some time ago. A 3 foot fence is allowed on golf course lots. That is not high enough to keep the wild life out, so you would have to utilize a side yard for your garden, where a taller fence is allowed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Yes where I live we can fence. I can't imagine the hell it would be if not. The golf balls fly by like a death weapons and would kill someone if hit by them. I have a plane fence and I am planing what my neighbors have, a privacy fence. If you heard the balls hit the fence like I have you would know its a death sentence if not aloud. So find out at your city hall of your rules where you live. I am sure the golf course does not want people and pets to die but I have seen some players think their golf game is more important than my privacy and peace. Without a fence they walk all through your yard looking for their balls. I have also had nice kind golfers who don't want to have their balls going of course. I like seeing the course in my backyard but after years of living here I have decided to make it safe so I can get house insurance and live little more peaceful. I say it depends on where you live.
No fences on the Golf Course .... can you imagine what it would LOOK like ... IF everyone built fences with no control. However ... if you find a larger home with a large SIDE yard ... it would be pefect for your loving dog. If you have other questions ... fell free to phone me at home in Oakmont (707) 843-4626 .. or my cell (707) 328-5920. Yours truly, ~ Ron Albright ~ McBride Realty Santa Rosa, California ... in the world-famous wine country of Sonoma Valley.
It truly depends on what golf course you are referring to and what their guidelines are. Let me know if you have a particular area you are interested in and I am happy to do the research for you!
HOA's can be restrictive and daunting:
I would suggest visiting the Complex and talking to some of the residents; find out what it is like to live there. It may be a great environment and life style. It may be restrictive and draconian.

We had one that sent you a nasty letter if you left your garage door open or had a weed in your yard!

And you may be able to copy the CCR's from some resident's copy. Your Realtor may not have access to this.