Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

faamanu.prit…, Home Buyer in Summerlin, Las Vegas,...

if u have three kids how much will your voucher be?

Asked by faamanu.pritchard, Summerlin, Las Vegas, NV Sat Feb 1, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


do you have to be a person of color? to qualify for voucher?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 10, 2016
Please call the Housing Authority to get answers

Rena Levy
Global Broker/Associate
Realty Executives
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 5, 2014
The only people who can answer this question are the people whom you should be talking to at the Housing Authority. They don't necessarily go by a chart.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 1, 2014
Hi, I have worked to help a lot of section 8 tenants to find rental homes and all of the voucher amounts vary. There is no set amount I could even guess at based on the info of 3 kids. I have seen section 8 vouchers for a 3 bdrm range from 850-1600/mo. I can say that this tenant will likely qualify for a 3 bedroom home and if a section 8 tenant qualifies for a 3 bedroom and selects a home larger than a 3 bedroom, section 8 will reduce the amount they will pay by an average of 50.00 per room so as an example......a person has a section 8 voucher for a 3 bedroom home for 1100/mo. She finds a four bedroom home....section 8 will then agree to 1050/mo provided the home price fits the market prices and passes inspection.
Also, it is my understanding that once a tenant looks into section 8 they learn the voucher amount rather quickly.
Feel free to contact me if I can help you any further!

Laura Bauer
Foundation Realty, LLC
702-370-1072 - Direct

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 1, 2014
Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) rental assistance? ... If you are an applicant, you may call (866) 569-6304 to check your application status of apply for assistance. Please have your client number or social security number ready.

IF you are a Veteran: Housing Choice Vouchers allow families to rent in the private market and receive a subsidy towards their rent. ... of separation, or imminent separation, of a child or children from their families. ... If you do not have your DD 214 or other ID, staff at the VA will assist you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 1, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer