Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

faamanu.prit…, Home Buyer in Summerlin, Las Vegas,...

if u have three kids how much will your voucher be?

Asked by faamanu.pritchard, Summerlin, Las Vegas, NV Sat Feb 1, 2014

Answers

4
Please call the Housing Authority to get answers

Rena Levy
Global Broker/Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099
The only people who can answer this question are the people whom you should be talking to at the Housing Authority. They don't necessarily go by a chart.
Hi, I have worked to help a lot of section 8 tenants to find rental homes and all of the voucher amounts vary. There is no set amount I could even guess at based on the info of 3 kids. I have seen section 8 vouchers for a 3 bdrm range from 850-1600/mo. I can say that this tenant will likely qualify for a 3 bedroom home and if a section 8 tenant qualifies for a 3 bedroom and selects a home larger than a 3 bedroom, section 8 will reduce the amount they will pay by an average of 50.00 per room so as an example......a person has a section 8 voucher for a 3 bedroom home for 1100/mo. She finds a four bedroom home....section 8 will then agree to 1050/mo provided the home price fits the market prices and passes inspection.
Also, it is my understanding that once a tenant looks into section 8 they learn the voucher amount rather quickly.
Feel free to contact me if I can help you any further!

Laura Bauer
Foundation Realty, LLC
702-370-1072 - Direct
lauri365@aol.com

http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Las_Veg…
Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) rental assistance? ... If you are an applicant, you may call (866) 569-6304 to check your application status of apply for assistance. Please have your client number or social security number ready.

IF you are a Veteran: Housing Choice Vouchers allow families to rent in the private market and receive a subsidy towards their rent. ... of separation, or imminent separation, of a child or children from their families. ... If you do not have your DD 214 or other ID, staff at the VA will assist you.