sdia, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

if i recently discharged from bk, how can i own a condo?

Asked by sdia, Chicago, IL Thu Nov 17, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


To answer your question directly...only option is buy cash now ( but you just BK and out of money) Your option is start rebuilding your credit history new" secured" credit card in a local bank and watch for new credit cards offers...they will charge huge yearly fees, but this is another way of rebuilding the credit...good luck with your decision.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
If you do not have 24 months since discharged, buy cash.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 17, 2011
Other than cash, you would have to be 12 months out of a 13 or 24 months out of a 7.

Riccardo Wardlow
Sales Manager
NMLS 219402
Cross Country Mortgage
323 546 8066

Specializing in Illinois and California

*We do Conventional loans down to a 620 score
*We do FHA loans down to a 580 score
*We do USDA loans down to a 620 score (no money down)
*We do $100 down payment FHA program
*Unlimited Loan To Value refinances on Fannie/Freddie refinances (only on loans originated before May 31st 2009
*We do VA loans down to a 600 score
*We give free counseling on what needs to be done to improve your credit score.
*We do 203k loans down to a 640 score
*We do reverse mortgages
*We do JUMBO loans to 12 million
*Investment properties
*Closing loans in 3 - 3.5 weeks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 12, 2015
It would be best to check with a mortgage officer or local bank to see what programs are available to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 9, 2015

Contact Matt Bukovy 773-664-2498 or

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
I would talk to a lender about how to start rebuilding your credit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Not as simple as most of us make it sound, two to four years is only one part of the puzzle, you must also re-establish credit, show a paid-as-agreed status, meet the minimum scorecard in addition to credit score. Have a Realtor hook you up with the local Loan officer they trust the most and go see them. Take notes and follow their advice, over achieving whatever they say is the minimum. Hope this helps you fix the problem, good luck,

Info on Lease Option or Rent to Own:…

Criminal Credit Repair:…

Down Payment Assistance in KY:…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
your not getting mortgage money for a few just walked away from all your credit
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer