Home Buying in Pensacola>Question Details

phoneboy6, Home Buyer in Pensacola, FL

if MLS can not be found only hse. information & pictures, does this mean an offer has been accepted.

Asked by phoneboy6, Pensacola, FL Sun Jan 20, 2013

Answers

5
If you are referring to listings here on Trulia it could mean several things:

A. You are looking at a public record. It just provides info on transactions that happened at court level but have nothing to do with the home being sold to the public.
B. You are looking at Estimate sites, they are only providing information for the purpose of giving you are prices and comparable properties.
C. Or Realty Trac strikes again:
Look at the posting for that home again and find the logo for Realty Trac (black and red). Most times when you see that logo on any listing it means the price you see is NOT a sale price, and the home is probably not for sale as of yet. It is just a posting of what the Bank/Lender had to pay the courts to document regaining custody of the home when they foreclosed on it (transfer value); and/or an announcement that the foreclosure process has just begun (Lis Pendens). Next that Bank/Lender will take several months to put the property on the market at "Market Value for the specific community" and it will be listed/advertised as a Foreclosure or an REO. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "thumbs up" above.

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 21, 2013
It could also mean that the house is not currently for sale but was listed as such previously on Trulia so the information and photos remain.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
That is one possibility, but MLS is not a requirement.
Pending or Active Contingent Short Sale means an offer is accepted in two different scenarios.. Pictures or lack thereof have nothing to do with the status.
It could mean that an offer is pending or is contingent on some term (s) in the contract such as the results of a home inspection. It could also mean the listing expired or has been withdrawn. If you will send me the MLS number I would be happy to investigate this further for you. Drop me a note at jack.lynch@mygulfre.com and I will see what I can find out for you.