Home Buying in Wilmington>Question Details

Sondca, Home Buyer in Livingston, MT

if I were to pay for a house with cash, how do i place bid?

Asked by Sondca, Livingston, MT Thu Feb 21, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3059290534-207-W-Reamer-Ave-W…

Help the community by answering this question:


Karla Woods’ answer
Hello Sondra!
As stated it is best to purchase with a Realtor. A contract needs to be drawn up and presented to the listing Agent. You will need to show proof of funds (That you can prove that you have the money to purchase the property), like a Bank Statement.
Cash sales are quite simple to do!
Any other questions... please feel free to give me a call 302-897-9332
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
The same way you would if buying with a mortgage you just won't have a financing contingency. Use a Realtor, sellers pay commissions and you'll be protected.
Mike Milligan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
I would find a Buyer's Agent that will represent you to guide you through the process. They will work exclusively on your behalf and they are paid by the SELLER, so it is a WIN WIN for you!
I specialize in working with Buyers to assure that you are protected and you get the BEST deal possible for your money! I would be happy to help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
This home is listed with an agent and the worst thing you could do would be to allow them to write up the offer for you. They represent the seller and you should have a broker to represent you. I've attached a link below on how to find a great Realtor to represent you. Read the article and then either pick up the phone and start making some calls to interview people or look for a highly recommend Pro here on Trulia under the Find A Pro link at the top of the page.

I wish you all the best.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
You have to find a Real Estate Professional so He/She can help you with that... Even a cash offer have to be presented with an Agreement of Sale that your Realtor can help you with. Also you have to have in mind that before put an offer in you should check the comparables in the area, to make sure that the property is worth "X" amount of money; and that is something that your Realtor can help you.

Also on the Agreement of Sale goes all the information necessary: ex. $ amount of the offer, type of financing (cash, Conv., FHA, etc.), Exclusions and Inclusions, Home Inspection Contingencies (If any), date of closing, etc., etc.

Wish you the best ...
Linda Mancusi
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
I would recommend you having a local realtor to represent you, which is no cost to you. The offer would be in writing, with a deposit check and proof of funds. This would then be presented to the sellers agent, who in turn would discuss the offer with the sellers. The sellers through their agent would either accept the offer or counter. If they counter, then there can be a period of negotiations. This process can be completed electronically if you would prefer.

I would be happy to help you. I understand it is not easy when you do not live in the area. I have lived in Wilmington area for 16 years. I am originally from the uk, so I totally understand the issues of making a big move.

Kindest regards
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
Cash is the best and I do a lot of cash deals. Give me a call at 302-540-5373.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
Hi Sondra
If you are looking to purchase a home for cash(or by financing), you are best advised to seek the assistance of a Realtor to work as your buyer's agent. You will be able to get insights on the property and area that you may not be familiar with as a buyer. Additionally, the Realtor will understand the proper paperwork involved in presenting the offer to the seller. The best part for you, is that you will get access to all of this knowledge with usually no cost to yourself. I wish you the best in your pursuit of your new home. Any additional questions don't hesitate to contact me @ 302-562-0628...................chris
Web Reference: http://come2DE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
You write up an offer to purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
You still use an agent. When they write up the agreement of sale, they specify that it is a cash offer. Give me a call and I would be happy to take care of it for you. We can email and esign documents.
Have you/do you need to see the house?
Sophia Bilinsky, Prudential Fox & Roach
cell 252-267-2701
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer