Home Buying in East Taunton>Question Details

Dorothy Farr…, Both Buyer and Seller in Brockton, MA

i would like to see the properties, do I need my realtor or do you have one

Asked by Dorothy Farrell, Brockton, MA Thu Feb 10, 2011

Answers

4
Dorothy it is best to view all properties with a buyers agent unless maybe visting an Open House. If you were to make your own appointment you would be meeting the sellers agent. This could cause conflict if you actaully wanted to submit an offer through your buyers agent. I meet people all the time who want to deal directly with the listing agent thinking they will somehow get a better "deal". This could never be farther from the truth. The listing agent works for the seller and while there is such a thing as dual agency I don't think you can provide the best service for both in that capacity. A good buyers agent will look out for what's best for you and guide you through making the best offer based on the comparing sales in the area. They also will set up all appointments and make all the necessary phone calls to do such which will also be extremely helpful. Hope I helped. Happy House Hunting
You would require a Realtor preview properties. AND they will request to see proof of funding from lender OR cash in bank

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Consider working with an agent of your own--interview a few agents, or as many as needed from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best--sk about scheduling around your needs, who will choose the properties to be seen, can you expect updates on new listings and recently sold properties, and how often will communication occur, etc. Ask about current sales in your areas of interest, negotiating strategies, etc.; choose your agent with care--be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Hi Dorthy,

You do not need a Realtor to go and view properties. However, I would strongly suggest hiring your own to represent you and your interests. If you choose to use the agent that is listing the property of interest, then understand that this agent's fiduciary responsiblility is to their selling client first and foremost. Keep in mind that generally speaking, "hiring" your own Realtor does not cost you anything if you purchase a home that is listed with through another real estate professional. Your realtors' compensation would be paid by the selling party. Hope this helped.

Cheers,
Al