Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Justine, Renter in Winter Garden, FL

i would like to know opinions of homes built by KB and david weekly in the florida area

Asked by Justine, Winter Garden, FL Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

6
Both are good builders--Weekly is a touch better.
See the truth about kb homes over at thekbhome.com and you will learn the truth. KB Homes has ruined the lives of so many people. Beware binding arbitration as KB Home the warranty on a home is nothing like the warranty on a mechinical device.
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013
I personally own a David Weekley home built in 2004 and have sold several of them. They are a "production builder". My experience with them overall has been good. In my opinion improvements in technology, finishes offered, materials, and the green movement, homes built today by DW and other builders are better than those built in say 2004. That being said our house went through 3 hurricanes 1 month before we closed with very minimal effects from those storms. We've also been happy with their warranty dept. They've taken care of issues for us well after the typicall home warranty expired. Another feature to consider with DW homes compared to some of the others is the openess of their floor plans...even on their smaller homes. Some of the other builder floor plans seem more choppy and boxed-in on comparable sized homes. As with any builder...production or custom, you'll likely hear about some negative experiences. They're all built by humans and mistakes are sometimes made. Best of luck.
KB homes, normally will be cheaper in price, but you will not get the "standard" upgrades, such as granite counters, tile flooring, ect. Weekly homes are usually more appealing, but at a more expensive rate.
Hi Justine,

I preffer David Homes, but if you are buying a new one, go with Lennar.
If you need any help, please feel free to call me.

the quality of any home built by any builder is going to vary. Usually the builders will share some if not all of the same ‘Subs' in the area. I have found that it also depends largely on the skill and diligence of the Superintendent over seeing the build. Always a good idea to have a home inspection completed on ANY home that you are thinking of buying. Even a new home
Really depends on the age of the home. During the crazy times (2004 to 2007) a lot of builders were cutting corners to get houses finished. Get a really good inspcetion on these years.

In terms of what they are building now, these are both fine production home builders.