Yankee, Home Owner in 78503

i would like to get my credit score. which one should i use

Asked by Yankee, 78503 Thu Feb 10, 2011

Answers

6
According to the Federal Trade Commission, you can download a credit report request at http://www.ftc.gov/credit and mail your request to the Annual Credit Report Request at PO Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 105281. You can receive one free credit report from all three- Equifax/Experian/Transunion one time each year.

You can also go to annualcreditreport.com and order it there as well. For more information go to ftc.gov/credit and select "Your Access to Free Credit Reports."

Nanci
Try creditkarma.com its free and it will give you a decent assessment.
Credit Karma is free..... nothing to sign up for. http://www.creditkarma.com/
You only get one score.

The most accurate(and only place for a consumer to get their FICO score) is myfico.com.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
214-763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the Great State of Texas!!
Hi Yankee!
You can go about it 2 different ways. You can go online and pay a fee w/ the consumer credit and get your credit score that way. Or you can always contact a loan officer (mortgage company) and they can pull your credit for you. I recommend you contact a mortgage company, most of the time they are a bit more accurate and not misleading.. Again most of the time not all the time. If you would like to discuss this a bit further please contact my office: First American Realty Co 956-682-3000. Thank you Debra
I'm reposting one of my blogs in answer to your question but, as the other post says a lender can easily get you your score but, take a look at your big picture and pull your credit report as well:

n this tech age it's really easy to find out all sorts of information about yourself and unfortunately as easy for others to find out about you. That's why it's so important to annually pull a tri-merged credit report or report from each of the three major credit reporting bureaus.

Now many sites will say free and usually they are free but, want to take your credit card information for up-charges and future marketing - best advice is to try and avoid those sites.

One site that I found to be good is annualcreditreport.com and will get the job done. You can check your report one time a year for free. Now you are not going to get your credit score but you will be able to check the reporting to see if there is anything unusual or misreported going on with your file. If you do find inaccurate information it's important to work on getting it corrected as soon as possible and make sure you do it in writing and keep records.

When it comes to your credit be your own advocate and do a free annual check, it could save you from some future hassles and save you money in the long run by being eligible for better interest rates when you do want or need to borrow money.

Sandy Farmer
Realtor, GRI, CSSN
John Hall & Associates
Homesales411.com
Web Reference: http://homesales411.com
I advise having a mortgage broker run your scores. They will usually do it for free and it is the most accurate means of finding out if you are eligible for a home loan. If you don't have one contact me and I will put you in touch with a mortgage broker.

Phillip Baird
512-289-5738
fax: 512-623-6032
phillipdbaird@gmail.com