Home Buying in Isle of Palms>Question Details

Carol Vallez, Home Buyer in Jacksonville Beach, FL

i would like to buy a house in isle of palms but am confused as to which high school that area is zoned for.

Asked by Carol Vallez, Jacksonville Beach, FL Sun Mar 15, 2009

Answers

8
Hi Carol,
Isle of Palm is in the Sandalwood school district. But since boundaries are constantly changing I would most certainly check with the Duval county School Board for confirmation.
Usually it is Sandalwood High School AKA "Scandel"-wood. Does not have a good reputation. A new high school is planning to be constructed and may scramble some of the existing boundaries, but it is impossible to know what will change for sure. May want to expand search to include St. John's county which has a significantly better school system.
Carol,

Contact the school for accurate first hand information. They will be able to provide you with the information you are seeking.
Isle of Palms is served by Sandalwood High School. This is a wonderful and truly unique neighborhood, combining so much of what is great about Jacksonville. With access to our Intracoastal Waterway and its convenient proximity to the beaches and the Southside, it's a great place to call home.

Best of luck in your home search.
Hi Carol,
After looking up the community of Isle of Palms, there are three high schools shown. Two of the HSs I know of but not the other. If there is a particular address, then I could check the HS listed for that address. Of course the school board can always redraw the lines.

Larry
Hi Carol,
I will check on this matter for you and get an answer based on listings within Isle of Palms. It is best to confirm through the school board, since all zoning is subject to change.

Larry Atwell,
710-1574
Carol,

My research is showing me that Sandalwood is the High School. Duval County does not have a system online like St Johns County. You must call The Duval County School Board to give them the address and see which one fore sure. The school choice hotline is 904-390-2144. Hopefully this will help you.
CC Underwood
Best to contact the ISD direct obtain accurate info. They have entire maps of which streets belong high school, or perhaps website.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com