Home Buying in Memphis>Question Details

Robert, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

i work for the city of memphis i was gone to get the cerdit union to get me a hous can i still get the first time home assist

Asked by Robert, Memphis, TN Tue Aug 10, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


You should contact United Housing in Memphis. This non-profit helps low to moderate income families become home owners. Also the City of Memphis has bought numerous foreclosed homes and remodeled them especially for deserving families. We have information on all of these programs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 11, 2010
Perhaps you are referring to the first time home buyer down payment/closing costs assistance. These programs are still available and are through the City of Memphis, or Shelby County, or state of TN. Check with lender to ensure they are part of the accepted lenders for the programs. They are great programs to help first time home buyers with down payment assistance or closing costs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 10, 2010
If you are referring to the first time buyer Federal Tax Credit--unfortunately, you needed to be in contract no later than April 30, 2010--the closing date was extended to September 30, 2010. See IRS link for additional information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 10, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer