Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

maychen38, Home Buyer in San Ramon, CA

i work at sf. my kids school same. and i live in fremont. for my kids. i am going to move to san ramon.is good options?

Asked by maychen38, San Ramon, CA Tue Feb 12, 2013

Answers

5
Meena Gujral’s answer
Hello May Chen,

San Ramon is a great area to buy a home in. However, inventory is very low everywhere. The schools in San Ramon are excellent. What neighborhood are you considering in San Ramon? Depending on your price range, you may want to consider new homes as well.

I think you may also want to consider Dublin and Pleasanton also for the schools. These are also very family orientated cities and have a lot of things going on for kids with swim meets, soccer, etc.

There are many new home develoments in Dublin that might be easier to buy than the resale homes. The resales have too many offers and homes are selling way over asking price.

Make sure you take an agent with you to the new homes if you decide to check it out since your agent can advice you on the prices in the development and do an analysis of the whole area and surroundings. I have recently registered many buyers at the various new homes like DR Horton, Standard Pacific, KB Homes, Taylor Morrison and Brookfield Homes in Dublin and Toll Bros (Preserve) in Pleasanton

Meena Gujral
Achievers Realty
925-425-9491
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
San Ramon is a wonderful community, for many reasons: good schools, a variety of employers, housing options from single family homes to townhouse and condominium communities. There are also many parks and walking and biking trails; plus centrally located for commuting to Walnut Creek and Concord via I-680 or south to Fremont/Pleasanton/Dublin, or BART to San Francisco.

As for housing options today...you will find it is primarily a sellers market with low inventory. However, this will change over time. A good strategy for you might be to get to know the various areas of the "680 corridor", work with a realtor to learn about housing options, and be patient as you look for your next home.

Sally Blaze
Alain Pinel Realtors
925-998-1284
sblaze@apr.com
DRE01856137
Good Morning May,

San Ramon is a great place to move into. Neighborhoods are very family based and you have access to many school and parks.

Firstly you need to look at your budget so you can narrow down neighborhoods. Are you working with a lender. If you want to buy most agents require a pre approval letter from a lender when looking at offers.

If you would like to email me or call me I would be happy to go over the process with you and let you know about certain neighborhoods that will work for you.

JoAnn Wheeler
joann@joannwheeler.com
925 699 3337.

JoAnn
Hi May,

Many people are and have relocated to San Ramon just for the schools. It is a great community filled with parks, tree lined streets, and many trails. It is close to Bart for your commuting and also home to many large corporations. I like San Ramon for any family with children. I think it has so much to offer! Give me a call if you'd like to explore your options here.

Kelly Paulsen
(925) 550-4523
DRE 01510928
Hello Maychen, San Ramon is the top-ranked large unified school district in the state. I have worked with many people relocate from Fremont for the great San Ramon Valley Unified School District schools. Remember: SRVUSD encompasses San Ramon AND Danville ! See attached web link on school scores.

Kindest Regards,
Vickie Nagy, CA DRE#10363932