Muratorea, Home Buyer in Rotonda West, FL

i was wanting ti know if this house was built with chinese drywall mls#c7023826

Asked by Muratorea, Rotonda West, FL Tue Jul 12, 2011

Answers

4
Based on agent's remarks it does have some of the symptoms of having Chinese Drywall. When my customers purchase a home that is being sold "as is", I always recommend at least a home and termite inspection. And, if we suspect Chinese Drywall, you can have an inspection that specifically addresses this. As the buyer, if you find anything in the inspection that you do not like or is too costly, you can either cancel the contract or go back to the seller for assistance for paying for the additional repair costs. However, you must remember that "as is" means that the seller will not be responsible for any repairs. But everything is negotiable.

This home is a foreclosure with Fannie Mae and has already been approved for HomePath financing and HomePath renovation financing. That basically means you can finance not only the purchase price but a specific amount for any rehab work. There are specific guidelines for this that are too length to discuss here, but I can put you in touch with a lender who has experience with these types of loans who can answer your questions.

As you know it is a buyers' market, but you have to be very careful with these types of homes. Foreclosures and/or homes sitting vacant for long periods of time have unique repair and maintenance issues that you will deal with long after you purchase home. The more info you up front, will reduce the number of surprises you may have later.

As you Realtor, I am your source for any information you may need as you go through the home buyer process. My job is to guide you through the process, give you the information you need so you can make the best decision for you and your family. I would be delighted to assist you any way I can. Call me or email me.
I too have been in this property. I have checked all the disclosures and there are none that are specifically disclosing the Chinese Drywall; so as they say "Let the Buyer beware"

This property is Faniie Mae owned and qualifies for a Homepath Mortgage & Renovation loan with as littlle as 3% down. It is listed for $77,900 which brings it to $42.31 a square foot before negotiating

My reccommendation is, if you are interested, is to have a proper inspection and have your offer contingent upon the inspection. This will put YOU in the driver's seat!

If I can be of any further help or if you wish to see other properties within this price category, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sandra Rubinstein:
Keller Williams; Peace River Partners
941-268-8918
sandrarubinstein5050@gmail.com
Thank you for your interest in this property. It is uncertain if this property does contain actual defective drywall. However I have been to this property and it has the typical symptoms associated with defective drywall. Sometimes some of the symptoms can be similar to bad/not treated well water. It is always best to hire a professional to test EVERY sheet of drywall. Most buyers prefer to do this after the seller has accepted an offer from a buyer. This test can be a few hundred dollars but well worth it for this large of an investment.

Please let me know if I can assist you further in your search.

Jeannie Brooks
Re/Max Anchor Realty
http://www.foreclosuresnorthport.com
941-628-1752
I suggest you contact a qualified home inspector in the area have them complete a home inspection. You can also contact the listing agent directly and ask if they have any knowledge through the sellers disclosure if the current owner is aware if the home is constructed with this material.
Web Reference: http://www.cyndibell.com