Home Buying in Ruskin>Question Details

Debbie Wools…, Home Buyer in Ruskin, FL

i was told nobody under age of 55, why are school districts listed.the home was on pier drive

Asked by Debbie Woolsey, Ruskin, FL Mon Oct 7, 2013

Answers

4
See below... 20% of the residents may be under 55... the community may have already reached that percentage and may not allow you buy or rent...

Federal Register 24 CFR Part 100; section 760.24-760.37 (4a), Florida Statutes

For a community to be considered "housing for older persons" as a 55+ community, the housing must be intended and operated for occupancy by persons 55 years of age or older and meet the following requirements:

1.At least 80% of the occupied units are occupied by at least one person 55 years of age or older.

2.The facility or community publishes and adheres to policies and procedures that demonstrate its intent to in fact be a provider of housing for older persons.
3.The facility or community complies with rules established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for verification of occupancy.
i am interested in buying.i wanted a manufactured home because they were cheaper and i liked the amenities.i was just thrown off because i have a 31 year old who will be with us for awhile.one of the parks there said no body under 55. i also have a sister who is looking also but she has a eighteen year old.any info that you can give me i would appreciate.i am from michigan and do not know the area, just heard about it. thank you, debbie
Debbie,
If you can email your phone number to THOYT@prutropical.com I can call and explain a little better about these type communities. Or call me at 813-352-6219.
Tracy
Flag Mon Oct 7, 2013
This home is in a 55 and older community. The school's are listed to help Agents and Buyers find all the data important to that home. Are you looking for a rental in this area or a new home? I have a few listings in Ruskin and have worked with many buyers in this area.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message. I would be happy to help you find a home that fits your criteria.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Debbie: Folks over the age of 55 can have school-age children. Besides, most MLSs have areas to fill in the local schools or school districts. It's even possible a teacher might be interested in buying.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA