Ms. C, Home Buyer in 19151

i wanted to know if there area any first time home buyer grants available in Philadelphia.

Asked by Ms. C, 19151 Wed Jul 18, 2012

Answers

6
Yes......I'm a Community Mortgage Officer for a local bank and we have a closing cost assitance grant up to $3K. You must attend a HUD approved first time homebuyer workshop.Contact me and I will give you more information,
hi my name is monica Thomas I live in west philly 19139 hope to move in a good area in overbrook or wynnefield area but I have a car to pay off in two years and willing to rent a pretty home .until them I am in a apartment it is ok but want a house to use my large airconditioner and washer and dryer .and have more room for other things we have not to much in the apt.it has to be in a good area my family are good people.and so am I. monica Thomas can u find me something until two years and then I will buy. new email mlt1956@outlook.com
Flag Tue Oct 8, 2013
I have a pdf with some invaluable information if you would like to take a look at that. Please email me and I will send that to you. Any specific areas your looking in the 19151, I live in that zip and it covers such a large area.

Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com

As a trained architect and skilled realtor, let me help you navigate all aspects of owning a home.
There is also Grants available from the City of Philadelphia your agent should be able to help you If you need more help call me in my office 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
Here is another link directly from the PHFA site, news release from yesterday -

A
Hi Ms. C,

Savvy on your part to put attention on financing, as it is the cornerstone of homebuying.

Yes, there are options and ways to obtain grant money in the city of Philadelphia.
Following the link below will give you a basic outline of the homebuying process, the financial aspects and other avenues that you may want to explore, including an educational class that can help you secure some money for settlement costs.

One of the most important steps you can take in this process is to hire a buyers agent. I know, you think this is going to cost you money - but it is not. The buyers agent gets paid from the commission based upon the sale of the property. The commission from the sale is paid by the seller. The seller pays both the list agent and a the agent for the buyer as well. Most buyers find this out late in the process and realize that it would have been better and would not cost them anything to secure their own representative.

When I negotiate a deal for my buyers I often ask for a seller assist - money from the seller directly to go towards the buyers closing costs. Different types of financing have limits on the seller assist amount but you can still negotiate for thousands of dollars in assistance.

You should meet several buyers agents and choose one with whom you have good communication and feel is trustworthy. This individual will essentially work for you to protect your interests, they understand negotiations, and the Pennsylvania Standard Agreement of Sale, and the entire process.

Check out the phfa website, send me an email if you would like to come into the office and meet, I have someone on my team that works with first time homebuyers as a buyers agent and knows the ins and outs of grants, I would be there too.

Thank you!
Ana Barlow
The Barlow Group at Keller Williams Center City
anabarlow@gmail.com
267.408.8036
Web Reference: http://www.phfa.org/
Hi Ms. C,

That is a great question. Different lenders offer different programs based on their own requirements. What always suggest to consumers is to first find your own buyer agent to represent your interests and build a relationship with your Realtor®. Your Realtor® can go over the entire buying process as well as everything that will be required of you. Most Realtors® have relationships with mortgage consultants and your agent can provide you with a few names of lenders and you can then speak with those and find out what programs they each offer. Once you get all the information you need, you can then make your decision of who will be best for you.

I'd love to speak with you further about your goals. Feel free to email me at reneeporsia@mac.com or you can call me at 215-669-0589.

Renée Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX Action
215-669-0589 Direct
215-358-1100
http://www.reneeporsia.com
Servicing all of Philadelphia, Bucks & Montgomery County and New Jersey