Pcford, Home Buyer in 46254

i want to purchase my first home im in the process of rebuilding credit and score is 547 at the highest is there any programs i can get approved with

Asked by Pcford, 46254 Wed Mar 7, 2012

Answers

3
Good Afternoon:

Good news is you are getting much closer to where you would need to be to obtain financing. Most large banks and/or local banking institutions require a minimum credit score o 640. I know of one lender, in Indiana, that offers financing at 585 miin. You may want to contact a local mortgage broker and/or lender to have your credit pulled. Many have a system in place that reviews your credit report and determines what you would need to do to increase your score where it needs to be. For example, maybe you have a few credit cards that you carry larger balances on. One determining factor of your score, involves your debt ratios. This will help you to determine a timeline, as to how long it may take and what you'll want to work on to make yourself financeable. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any recommendations for lenders to contact.

Thanks.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
malloriewilson.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 6, 2012

Contact INHP (Indiana Housing Partner) I believe they work with clients whose credit score is in my mid 500s. Please contact me, if you would like my personal contact there.

Tiff Atkinson, NAREB
Carpenter Realtors
317-612-4546
tiffatkinson.com
Unfortunately no. FHA requires a minimum of 640. If you're wanting to buy a home, I presume you're also trying to save money for a down payment? Use that money to pay down or pay off your debt and bring that credit score up.