Home Buying in Sunset Park>Question Details

Kathy, Other/Just Looking in Sunset Park, Brooklyn,...

i want to purchase a one family home what question such ill be asking

Asked by Kathy, Sunset Park, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jul 23, 2009

i really would love to buy a one family home but afriad of the expensive , should i just buy a condo would it much easy to deal with

Answers

5
Rhonda Holt’s answer
Hello, let me just be straight and honest with you. If you are a busy person that is barely home, not very handy and don't like to be bothered with to many rules and regulations then a condo will suit you. Now, if you love your own individual space, enjoy working on home projects and you have time and additional funds to maintain the property then a home will work for you.

As far as the expenses are concerned the home will cost more because you have to pay to keep up the entire property, both inside and out. With a condo your common charges, which are usually fairly low covers the maintenance of the exterior and common area and limited interior repairs.

It's all about what you know you are capable of handling better and no one on the internet knows you better than you.

The point is you need to sit down and write down a list of all the positives and negatives to owning a condo and a home. In your heart you already know which lifestyle fits you best you just have to have the courage to make the decision.

I hope this answer helped you. Feel free to email me or call if you have additional questions. Feel free to read my Trulia Blog.

Respectfully,

http://www.kandhhomes.com/Tax%20Credit.htm
Web Reference: http://www.KandHhomes.com
Great question with many answers

Call me and we can review the most important ones

Steve Seidman
Broker Associate
EXIT Realty Top Properties
718-256-4000
The difference in price between a condo and single family home depend on the area you are in. What is the case in Florida is not necessarily the case in NY. In Brooklyn, you may also want to look into purchasing a co-op. There are more lower priced co-ops in Brooklyn than there are condos, and you also have much lower closing costs, so your money may go further. On the other hand, you also have to be approved by the co-op board. Feel free to call me at 516-972-1687 and I would be happy to go over everything for you to see what you are qualified for.

Robin Silverberg
Senior Loan Officer
Preferred Empire Mortgage
Kathy,

Condos can be more expensive than single family homes. There are fees that should not be overlooked when considering purchasing a condo.

Our recommendation is to begin your buying experience by reviewing your monthly budget being sure to account for all money coming in and going out. Once this is done, visit several loan specialists to find out more about programs and interest rates you might qualify.

With this out of the way you should have a better feeling for what you will or will not be able to afford.

Best wishes,
The Eckler team
GREAT QUESTION:

a) What is your short / long term goal for home ownership
b) Personal and professional lifestyle
c) You need confirm amount you can qualify lender approval letter work with Realtor
d) If you live in condo do you like all amenities pool, gym, valet parking OR not use these services purchase in a community with less
e) How thick are walls between each unit.
f) Do you like lawn maintenance or pay a person do this for you.
g) Do you travel less worry to lock the door leave for weeks OR have a person check on your home?

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com