Home Buying in New York>Question Details

dianespencer…, Renter in Brooklyn Heights, Br...

i want to move where can i start

Asked by dianespencer99, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY Thu Dec 27, 2012

want a 1 bedroom apartment

Answers

11
Anna Brocco’s answer
If looking to buy, and purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore begin by visiting with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Hi, your best bet is to contact a local agent to represent you. They can guide you through the process and paperwork.

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Hi Diane. I can understand it might get a bit hectic to choose a good home and also an exhilarating experience. So let me help you with some basics which will be of help to you. In the very first place set a budget for your home and check your credit score too which will be of help to get some borrowings. And most importantly inculcate the saving habit and cut on your expenses. Check out a few business houses which could help crack a good deal for you.
There is a great opportunity for you in the Financial District. It is now the most upcoming neighborhood and once the Twin Towers are finished the prices of the properties will go up. So now it is your opportunity to take advantage and invest in the Financial District. There is a Fabulous Junior One Bedroom Newly Decorated and Furnished with all the amenities included. The asking price is $735K The common charges are $710 a month. plus there is a tax abaitment. for ten more years. Plus is Centrally located you are one block away from all the train stations. You could be in Midtown or Uptown within 15 minutes. Plus you are across the street from Battery Park City, walking distance to Wall Street, and the South Street Sea Port. Plus you are close to all the renowned up coming Restaurants, plus you have all the Fashion 15 minutes away, like Hermes, Tiffany and ofcourse Century 21. If you are interested in seeing the apartment. Please email me at nikkiz55@aol.com. Thank you. Arthur Appleman
Hi Diane. Well, you've already started by posting this question. You don't mention if you want to purchase or rent. Since you've asked under the "home buying in new york" section, I might conjecture you want to purchase. If you intend on staying in Bklyn Hts, you should check with local brokers. There so happens to be quite a few real estate offices on Montague Street and you can just go in and talk with them.

It would be smart to bring in some documentation regarding your income and assets. If you have a recent credit report, so much the better. Consider what your time frame might be. A rental can be done fast provided you find something you like. A purchase could take longer as it is an involved process. Get on down to Montague street and good luck to you in the New Year.
Hi Diane,
I am not sure of what you are looking for? your budget? size? et.. If you wish to further discuss your needs, feel free to contact me at 1917 696-8871
Colette
I have some nice 1 bedroom apartments. Please call me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Move as in buy a place or in rent somewhere else?
If you are buying, first thing is to be pre-qualified to know how much the bank will lend you and how much you want to spend a month. After that, we can start looking for the right place for you.
Renting, all you have to do is look for a place around 3 weeks before you may need to move.
If you need more information, please contact me at (305)790-0628 or joana@residentialgroupnyc.com
Hi, Diane.
The first thing to do if you would like to purchase an apartment is to choose a skilled, experienced agent. They will set you up with a lender to get pre-qualified and help you decided if a co-op or condo is right for you. I see you are in Brooklyn Heights, and the Heights these days is actually quite reasonable compared to some other Brooklyn neighborhoods which have shot up in price the last few years.

Your agent will do a thorough search for you of units that meet your specifications, arrange showings, negotiate on your behalf, and take you through each step of the buying process. Working with a knowledgeable agent will save you time, money and aggravation.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Hey Diane,

To schedule a viewing or any information you can call me at 646-236-6710, or send me your number.

Matt
A few quick questions;
*** What is your moving date target?
*** Whar areas of the city interests you?
*** What size apartment do you need?
*** What is your budget?
With these questions answered, I could help you with your search
My contact info Julian@citysolutions.com cell 212-444-2162