Home Buying in Los Lunas>Question Details

Scot, Home Buyer in Los Lunas, NM

i want to know when my foreclosed house was sold and for how much.

Asked by Scot, Los Lunas, NM Fri Oct 15, 2010

Answers

5
Hi Scot,

There are a couple of different ways to find out what your house sold for. Are you wanting to know how much it sold for at the courthouse steps or how much the lender sold it for on the MLS as a REO; if nobody bought it at the courthouse? If you want to know it would only take me a couple minutes to find out. I need your address and your full name. To contact me, just click on my profile for my info. If you prefer not to talk you can send an e-mail.

Arthur
Your best bet is to go to the Valencia County Clerk's Office in Los Lunas, NM. and ask the clerk to help you search the records for the legal description of your foreclosed property. You probably have the legal description in your foreclosure notice or other mortgage instruments. A deed would have been recorded from the lender to the new buyer of the property. You might be able to estimate the time period to expedite the search. The County Assessor's office now requires that the sales price of any sold and closed residential property be reported to their office for valuation purposes. This disclosure to the Assessor's office is usually done after closing and about the same time the deed is recorded into the buyer's name at the Clerk's office. For more information, please contact the Valencia County Clerk's office and the Valencia County Assessor's office which is located across the street on Luna Blvd.
I hope I have been of some help to you.
Leonard D."Doug" Horne
Qualifying Broker/Realtor
Los Lunas Realty
505-604-7106-voice
1-888-370-3086-(toll free fax no.)
hlr@netdojo.com - email address
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 17, 2010
Keep in mind that any local agent(s) can answer your question, contact any realty office(s) and inquire --or contact the local public records department.
Just looking online in county records might yield this information too. Some areas have the information available, which could save you the trip to the courthouse.
Once a home is sold and has been recorded, it becomes public information. You should be able to find out from your local courthouse all the information you are looking for. Remember, the sale must go all the way to closing before it is recorded. If it has been sold on Auction recently it make take 30-45 days before the courthouse will have any information. Good luck!