Home Buying in Downtown>Question Details

Farah, Home Buyer in Downtown, Los Angeles,...

i want to know what will be the rent of a 700sq ft loft in down town area.the building is near 7th and hope st.

Asked by Farah, Downtown, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jun 20, 2010

Answers

7
Anna Brocco’s answer
Since no local answers yet--keep in mind that any local agent can help you with information, showings, etc., contact any realty office, and inquire or contact any local Trulia contributor(s) directly and ask.
655 S. Hope is a smaller high rise community with lofts starting around $1800/mo, parking included for 600square feet to about $2800/mo for a 2 bedroom (open floorplan) 1000 square foot unit. There are several other options within a short radius.

When shopping for rental lofts, always ask about parking as the lower priced units seldom include it. A good condo loft rental moves quickly and often has multiple applicants so it's important to be ready to sign a lease when you go out looking.

I work daily in the downtown rental loft market, know it intimately and would be happy to help.
Hi Farah: I've been helping people find rentals in Downtown Los Angeles since 2001. That is a very popular area now because of the new Target and now Restaurant Row. Rents start in that area around $1750. For more information, visit our website at http://www.LoftLivingLA.com
Hi Farah,
Luckily for you the rents have come down quite abit over the last couple of years. However, the market has stabalized and were seeking on average 15 to 30 day list periods for property that is priced right. For your area and square footage count the range would be $1,100.00 to $1,700.00 depending on building ammenities.

if I could add a tip...the DTLA area has seen a fair share of property owners in deafult. Be sure to interview the agent as well as the property owner to ensure they're not in default on their loans. Your agent can and should easily be able to figure this out for you. If they are in default and NOT paying their mortgage you can get yourself into a bind. Also, include in your lease agreement a Tenant Estoppel Certificate - which is a recertification of your Security Deposits paid to the property owner.

I have two lofts in the DTLA area @ 7th / Spring and know the area well. Let me know if you'd like my assistance.

Reuben Pacheco
Prudential California Realty
Pacific Design Center- West Hollywood
8687 Melrose Avenue, Suite G271
West Hollywood, CA 90069

323 466 5358 Offc.
213 804 4245 Mobile

Reuben@plrg.net
http://www.ReubenPacheco.com
Reuben.Pacheco ( SKYPE)
preuben ( TWITTER)
Reuben.Pacheco1 ( Facebook)
TheReubenPacheco ( YOUTUBE)
GOOGLE ME ( Reuben Pacheco)
Dear Mrs. Farah,

Rents in that area are going beween $1,600 to $1,800mth.

Contact me, for your showing! I am available to assist you.

Merlin Barrrientos
Realtor Associate
direct 661 713-8780
merlin1@inbox.com
dre01761948
Hi Farah,

Your question is vague, so I'll do my best to give you an estimate of what a 700sq.ft. loft will cost in rent. In general, you'll be looking at anywhere from $1500 to $2100 per month. It depends on the building, neighborhood and amenities. 7th & Hope sounds like the Roosevelt, which is a beautiful, architectural building that has been converted. If you're renting direct from the developer, you'll pay top dollar. There are no individually owned condo's in this building yet, as escrow's have not closed, but typically, if you rent from one individual homeowner, the rental rate may be less or at least negotiable.
Hi Farah;
Contact me directly for specific answers to your question.
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR, 00588885
(D) 818.564.6591
TheBremnerGroup@gmail.com
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog