Home Buying in 19141>Question Details

C, Home Buyer in North Chelmsford, MA

i signed a purchase and sales agreement for condo.. the mold test came back very severe .. I want to back out .. can I get my 5% deposit back ?

Asked by C, North Chelmsford, MA Fri Jul 18, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


You should speak with your attorney regarding legal advice.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 18, 2014
You have asked this question on trulia 3 times......you're not going to get a definitive answer online!

You need to READ your contract, or find someone who can read it and understand what you signed and agreed to.

Apparently you are not represented by a Realtor......next best option is to ask a real estate attorney, but you're really wasting your time asking this here (and if someone here does try to advise you, I wouldn't count on that advice).

Your answer is in your contract..hopefully, you have one.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 18, 2014
it depends on the conditions of the sale.
Did you purchase from the courthouse steps?
As-Is, Where-Is?

What were the associated terms, conditions and contingencies?

This is why you hire a REALTOR to represent you. Our purpose is to keep you from making decisions that could prove harmful to you. If you do not have a REALTOR, you will need to hire an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 18, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer