Home Buying in Fairfax>Question Details

expresspower…, Home Buyer in South Bend, IN

i recently made a offer on a home in SOUTH BEND IN the home is a short sale im paying in cash about how long s the processes till closing thanks

Asked by expresspowerwash2011, South Bend, IN Tue Sep 11, 2012

Answers

3
You have reached Virginia. Here in Virginia, I have seen short sales with "cash buyers" take up to 6 months. Good Luck

http://www.SheilaSellsMore.com
Your question was sent to Fairfax, VA agents instead of South Bend, IN. You may want to re-post it under South Bend. For general advice, I would say that if the Listing Agent is experienced with short sales he/she should be able to give you an estimate and a rationale behind that estimate. For example, "it could take 90-120 days for approval because there are two liens, the homeowner is behind on HOA dues and PMI is invloved." Even though you are paying cash, which shortens your side of the transaction, the seller's side could be very complicated. Good luck
Could be 3 weeks could be 6 months..could never happen. This is the truth many people don't want to know. Hopefully you AND the seller are using experienced short sale agents. If not..my guess is longer or not at all.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222