Home Buying in Annapolis>Question Details

Tammy Osborne, Home Buyer in Uniontown, KY

i purchased a home in ky, through a bank, the seller was given 30 days to vacate the premises, he is not sticking to this agreement

Asked by Tammy Osborne, Uniontown, KY Sun Aug 25, 2013

the utilitys are transfered in my name, he has given me a key, and i have been mowing the lawn for the past 3 weeks, i was told he may be using kentuckys 3 day period along with the 30 days for changing your mind on selling, CAN HE DO THAT SINCE HE HAS ALREADY COLLECTED HIS $ AND HAS ALLOWED ME THE KEY AND ALL?

Answers

3
Once the purchase transaction has been completed, you own the home. On a refinance, a borrower has 3 days to change his/her mind and cancel the transaction. I assume the 30 days you are referring to is that you agreed to let the seller stay there for 30 days post settlement (it is called a rent back). On a sale, there is no 3 day waiting period. I suggest you contact the title company / attorneys office that completed this sale for their guidance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 25, 2013
Gather all of your paperwork from the sale, and be able to clearly document all that has happened since the settlement in the house. The contact a Real Estate Attorney.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 25, 2013
Contact an attorney as soon as pissible
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 25, 2013