Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

myrhdcrx91, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

i owe the irs in back taxes can i still buy a home or do they need to be paid first?

Asked by myrhdcrx91, Las Vegas, NV Fri Apr 19, 2013

Answers

9
You need to talk to your CPA and your lender. If your back taxes are on a payment plan you will need to calculate that into your DTI.

Please contact me directly if you need someone to point you in the right direction to get this going for you.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
Ypur credit score is much lower with a tax lein, and you will be paying a much higher interest rate. Pull your credit reports, and get that lein taken care of

David Cooper 702.499.7037
I would. For a few reasons
1. Many loans require it.
2. If suddenly the IRS put a wage levy, you would have trouble closing. Or, maintaining your payment
3. If you have equity, it is possible they could try to take.
4. Peace of mind.

Try to work out a payment arrangement. Shop around for a good CPA, or attorney. I have heard horror stories of hiring a company from out of state, to handle your back taxes. So, find an established CPA, you can meet in person. And, check the BBB. Best of luck.
What is your credit score with the tax lein? It will be the score that qualifies you for a loan.

David Cooper Investing in Las Vegas since 1994
FREE REO Foreclosure List http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
702.499.7037
From a lending perspective, if you are getting a loan to buy the home the answer is YES they would need to be satisfied before you could purchase.

Underwriters will not approve a file with tax liens because they jeopardize the new first mortgage lien position should you close on a new home.
If you have some kind of payment arrangment wit the IRS and you are xurrent on your payments, you will be able to get a loan depending on income, expenses, employment credit and etc.
If you qualify to purchase a property, the IRS most likley will put a lien on the property until paid in full.

I would suggest that you contact a CPA for advise. If you dont have one, ill be happy to reffer you.

Rena Levy
Broket/Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099
Web Reference: http://www.cvegashomes.com
I would not take a chance on making a home purchase until you get professional advice! I will be number 3 to give you that advice .
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Chances are if you buy anything, they can lien it and take it, check with a tax attorney before buying anything.
Check with an attorney. I believe only an attorney or accountant can advise you properly on this question.