Home Buying in Carmel>Question Details

Melissa.rice, Home Buyer in Carmel, IN

i need help in finding comparables for an assessment appeal

Asked by Melissa.rice, Carmel, IN Wed Sep 12, 2012

I think my assssment is too high and want to appeal

Answers

5
Mallorie Wilson’s answer
Hi Melissa,

As some other agents have stated; if you have a REALTOR that represented you when purchasing your home, you may want to contact him or her first, as they will have first hand knowledge of your home. If not, please feel free to contact me via email or phone. [malloriewilsonrealty@gmail.com or 317-590-3434]. I would be more than happy to assist you. My sister-in-law approached me with the same issue a few months back and I was able to provide her with comparables to appeal her assessment.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
Hi Melissa,

How long have you lived in your home? Have you made any improvements? This will help determine the value of your home. If you are not already working with another REALTOR, I would be happy to help. Julia Evinger 317-814-8265
I would be happy to help you with that, just need to know a little bit about your home, and what you've been assessed. I'm doing the same thing, actually.

Fred Yde
317-432-7038
fryde1@comcast.net
Melissa, do you have a Realtor that if you were to list your home you would use? That is who you need to phone and your Realtor should be happy to send you a list of comparables.
Melissa you should see if they require a formal appraisal or if a BPO will suffice. You could contact a local agent, perhaps the agent who sold you your house who can easily pull comps from MLS for you.