Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

manyasborn, Home Owner in Sacramento, CA

i need a realtor to sell or rent my condo in south natomas.

Asked by manyasborn, Sacramento, CA Fri Dec 14, 2012

i mean to list it for both: sell and rent. which one is sooner.

Answers

11
Keisha Mathews’ answer
LOL Michele, EVERYONE on this thread has a cash buyer for that condo. But good try. :)

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"The Short Sale Lady"
Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell/direct
(916) 405-3886 fax
keisha.mathews@century21.com
http://www.SheSoldItForMe.com
lic#: 01439130
Jim Swanson, Broker, Sacramento, CA
I've done a lot of work on Natomas Condos, this past 2 years. If you'll share some information about it, I may be able to give you an idea what it would rent for or sell for and you can decide which you want to do. In either case, I have several buyers interested in South Natomas condos. I know a good property management company who can handle the renting of it for you.

Let me know. I can be reached at 916-743-1454
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
I have a cash buyer for your Natomas condo.
Can be closed by the 1st of the year...or even before Christmas.

Let me know if you are interested.

Michele Peterson
(916) 743-5934
CallMichelePeterson@gmail.com
Hello. You may be in the position to rent the property out for now, as long as you can break even or have a small affordable negative. Selling may or may not relieve you of paying capital gains taxes, which we cannot advise you unless we are licensed and credentialed to advise on tax ramifications. You really should ask a certified public accountant what the tax ramifications may be. They are legally allowed to advise you. President Obama's Tax amnesty is supposed to end December 31st and has not been extended as far as I know. Consult a licensed tax professional for tax information. As far as short selling goes, it is a consideration you need tax advise on before short selling. The documentation for short selling is easy and obtaining approval from the bank is not terribly difficult as long as you qualify. Documentation is very similar to applying for a home loan, with the exception of added statements such as hardship letters, 3rd party authorizations and similar documents. Have you attempted to modify your loan. Recently over the past 4 months, I have run into several people that are taking their homes off the market because their banks have modified their loans.
Rent, Short Sale, Loan Modification, deed in lew of foreclosure are all alternatives to foreclosure. Think about the advantages or disadvantages of each before deciding. Personally, if you can afford it, renting it out may be a good option as long as you screen your renters well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012

You will need to decide which one - selling or renting, is best for you.

If you place it on the market, assuming you don't owe more than it's worth, it will sell very quickly, if it's priced right.

If you owe more than what it is worth, you will need to sell it via short sale. That means asking your lender to forgive the balance of what you owe and that process takes a few months to complete, with the right listing agent on your side.

Selling the property eliminates your finanical obligation to the property (taxes, repairs, maintenance, HOA, etc).

If you rent it out, you still bear the financial burden, but this is a great market climate for return on rent -- with the right tenant.

As far as "which one is sooner", I am assuming you mean if it wll sell faster versus getting a tenant in the property? A little more detail is needed there.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"The Short Sale Lady"
Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell/direct
(916) 405-3886 fax
keisha.mathews@century21.com
http://www.SheSoldItForMe.com
lic#: 01439130
Nowadays, it seems like selling could be faster than renting. The word is out...its a Seller's market. Meanwhile, I see more rentals sit around with inconsistant income flow. It really all boils down to your motivation. Let's talk!
BTW if you need to rent it out, I recommend Ed who responded below, great property management skills and knows what he is doing.

I would be careful in placing the rental on Craigslist, especially if vacant, lots of rental fraud on Craigslist these days.

Bruce
What is your time frame for both? You can usually rent faster then sell. In this market it can be the same. What is your real motivations for both?

If you would like call me and we can discuss your opitions.

I have Agents that can do either one.

Jamie Collins
916-257-3779
It will depend on which complex you are in as many of the complexes are not eligible for financing due to HOA dues status etc.

I would be happy to discuss your situation with you if you want to contact me directly at 916-226-2700. We own and operate http://www.SacramentoCondos.com .

Some of the complexes also have a rental cap in place so I am sure you would already know that we you contact an agent.

Let me know if you need assistance

Bruce Slaton
Realty World eCurb REALTORS
Lic # 01305148
I will be happy to assist you with the selling part... you can try to rent it by posting an ad in Craigslist, if the unit rents before it sells we can cancel the listing and you can proceed with the lease.
Many...

I don't know the details of your condo but selling would probably happen pretty quickly and if priced right should rent up fast as well.. This is a slow time for folks moving though.

Also why do you want to sell... and why would you consider renting it out..?

You'll get a lot of attention on this request. Either way let us know which way you decide to go...let us now what you decided to do...

I hope this helps...

Make it a great day...