Joe, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

i'm renting in Staten Island and planning to buy a house in SI this year. Any chance to find a house in a?

Asked by Joe, Staten Island, NY Fri Feb 8, 2008

decent school area. Price range from $400,000 to $300,000.

Answers

15
What is a decent school? Some would say one that produces great grades. Others look for safety. We are prohibted from expressing our opinion when it comes to schools. Why not just call your local police precint and ask them. As far as the price, we have then. In what condition? That's another matter. There you need to do legwork. When you find an agent you like, stick with them. It's easyer for both of you.
Hi my name is Arlene Trunzo I have been selling Real Estate in Staten Island for over 25 years.
On my web site there is a link to the board of Ed's site which includes their contact information. They have a lot of good information on the site including the addresses's of local schools. If you have questions regarding reading scores etc. I am sure you will be able to get information right from the board of education. From my web site you can search for homes that are actively listed for sale in Staten Island. The site has a lot of excellent information for both buyers and sellers. If I can be of help to you feel free to call me anytime.

A.T. REAL ESTATE SPECIALISTS LLC
Arlene Trunzo, CRS,GRI,SRES / Broker Owner
718-317-0949 0R 917-359-1985
cmyrealtor@aol.com, atrealestatespecialists.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 8, 2008
Hi Joe!

What do you consider to be a decent school area? Is the school you are looking for a public or Catholic school? Do you have children now and if so are they currently in a school are you are not happy with?There are a lot of other factors that play into buying a home besides a school area--as Realtors we are not to give our opinion on the matter.

I do howerver want to share the fact that there are thousands of houses on the MLS for sale. Don't forget it is still a buyers market. Your price range seems reachable depending on what you really are looking for.

It comes down to finding an agent you feel comfortable enough to work with and them work with you to find exactly what you want...

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me 917 535 3125 or LizAtExitRealty@aol.com
Have a great day! Liz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2008
Yes there is, it depends on what your looking for in particular. Bedrooms, location, etc. If you let me now the details i will find you that home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 8, 2008
Let a local Realtor know which school district(s) you prefer and ask them to put you on an automated prospect match or if they have such an account, on ListingBook for homes in that price range. You will get to see everything that comes up and your question will be totally answered.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 8, 2008
Check out my home for sale its on http://www.zillow.com and my address is 413-1 Willow road east. A great neighborhood and we are located in front off the developments swimming pool ( a must for the kids in the summer). I am an owner not a real estate agent.$ 325,000
Yes, How about emailing me all the details that your looking for and I will be more then happy to find you your dream house

johnresales@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.johnresales.com
My home is in Bay Terrace 196 Justin Ave Stop by my listing on Trulia give my agent a call , It's priced right and move in condition. PS53 and IS 24 HAVE PRODUCED HONER STUDENTS FOR ME. Hope to see you soon.
I'll bet from the responses you have gotten already - you can see that Staten Islanders are proud of their homes and neighborhoods. Neighbors walk to the local stores & greet eachother. You can always find kids playing catch or riding bikes. The pride in their schools creates friendly competition and lasting friendships. You can find objective/stats about NYC Public schools at the NYC.Gov sites like: http://schools.nyc.gov/Accountability/default.htm My house is for sale in Manor Heights. The local elementary school is P.S.29, the high school is Wagner, both of which have always been very good schools. The house is hilltop so you don't worry about a wet basement. It's within walking distance of the ExpressBus to Manhattan. It's within walking distance of good schools, the new JCC for recreation, and churches & temples - yet - far enough away to avoid the traffic and have good parking and a quiet friendly neighborhood. From the beautiful yard you can enjoy the incredible fall color of the maple trees, views of the Greenbelt, or just enjoy the garden with Lillacs, roses, and other established, manicured lawn & bushes. If you'd like to see my house - please contact my realtor at BARBARA@MORELLOREALTY.COM - ask her about the house on Holden Blvd or about her other listings. Good Luck - Glad you are decidiing to buy and stay on Staten Island. It's a great place to live :)
Here's a tip. Drive into your desired neighborhood at 10am. Then go back to the same area at 10pm.
This should tell you alot.
We have over 3,000 homes for sale in Staten Island and many within your price range. Visit http://www.MYSIHome.com to check homes in your area within that price range or call us to help you find a dream home. 718 207 5644. Best of Luck, :)
Web Reference: http://www.mysihome.com
Yes you can definetly find a house in a good school area, as SI has many good schools. My first piece of advice would be to drive around and look at different neighboorhoods that you think you might like. When you narrow it down to a few possible areas, put yourself in the hands of a good realtor. I say that because we have access to more listings than the for sale by owner sellers, and as a buyer, it costs you nothing anyway...the fee is paid by the home seller! I would be happy to assist you anytime! Feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.NinaMoore.net
My house is for sale in rosebank , its in a terrific school area , 2 catholic schools very close by , and 1 public close also.
My house has 4 beds 2 baths , nd has ahuge backyard , no exaggeration. The price is 550,000 but we can definite;y negotitate on this price. This is a great area to raise kids , its quiet.Myfamily loves it hear , but since we had another baby the house has become to small. The neighbors are great two. Email me at seg1994@att.net for more info.
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can come and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. Buying a properity is a constitutional right, and we are here to make sure you are not provided with erroneous information.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.
I happen to live near Petrides HS, and St Theresa's Catholic school as well as near one of the better public schools PS 29 Bardwell School on Staten Island. Express buses and local bus service is within walking distance from where I reside. Area is called Suunyside, the SI expressway entrance is 5 mins from the house. Your price range is reasonable. I can be contacted via email at father53@aol.com. I am looking to be semi retired. Email me if you have interest. Thank you.