Home Buying in Ocean Pines>Question Details

Dre182, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

i'm looking for a home in oceans pines i have a house to sell in phila that im going have about 20,000 to work with. what would be possible ?

Asked by Dre182, Philadelphia, PA Sat Jul 31, 2010

my only hold up is i need to sell before i can buy what is the best advise where do i start ? i have 2 house the one i live in i owe 60 and the other my sister left me but im wait for the estate to clear im looking to get at leat 30,000 were do i start ??????

Answers

1
Dave Leiderman’s answer
In this market your best bet is to sell one of those properties first. I just went through a very similar scenario where clients of mine had to sell their home and a family member's. It took about 4 years but we finally settled on a place a couple weeks ago. The problem is, Sellers don't want to take a contract contingent upon selling a property, especially if its not local to our area. Unfortunately, your best plan of action is to sell one or both of those homes aggressively then look to buy something. There's a lot of inventory to select from so its not as though you won't have options when the time comes. Take care of business in PA first. You'll be in a much better position to buy once everything's sold there. Best of luck. Hope this helps.