Home Buying in Lakewood>Question Details

Diana Adams, Home Buyer in Lakewood, NJ

i'm considering buying the baronet condo with one bath in original leisure village is 115,000 too much to pay

Asked by Diana Adams, Lakewood, NJ Tue Apr 8, 2008

thanks diana it has a garage

Baronets have CLOSED from 87,500 - 122,500 so NO the price of 115, 000 is about right. Several are for sale from 99,900 - 144,900, can you believe that? Try http://www.retireoceancounty.com it gives the greatest number of active adult listings with out the clutter of all the other properties. if i can help call me. 732-778-9933 or email at marc@marcjwilliams.com I am the third generation and have several decades experience. gota go. Buy something !!! It is the best time

If you haven't bought yet I have the best deal for you. Email me for pictures & details. DHam1989@aol.com

There are approximately 46 Baronet models on the market in the original Leisure Village. The aveage asking price is about $104,000. Seven Baronet models are Under Contract--the sale price of these properties will not be available until they close, however the average asking price of these 7 homes is $97,000.During the past 6 months 14 Baronet models closed in Leisure Village--Average sale price---approximately $89,000.
Location contributes to the value of the property. If the property you are interested in has an excellent locaiton and is in excellent conditon, $115,000 sounds like a fair price. However it it needs work, you should factor in how much it would cost you to bring it up to your standards. If you bought a Baronet for the average sale price of $89,000 & invested $25,000 you would be able to put in a new kitchen with new appliances, redo the bathroom, install new carpeting and paint. The only thing you could not change is the location.
In case you didn't know, there are also 13 Baronet Models offered for sale in Leisure Village East. LVE is located off Shorrock Rd--only minutes away from Leisure Village. Good Luck. I hope I was some help.
I closed on this model earlier this year and my buyer payed $111,500 which I now believe was a little too much but she loves it. The market is still a buyers market and the adult community units are not selling like they used to. Dont pay anything over $100,000
Hi Diana.

I have to say it's all in the closed sales numbers..based upon the most recent sales and then making the adjustment of about 1/2-1% per month from the solds under contract date should and will reflect what the condo is truly worth today.

I'm assuming you are working with an agent and if so, have them run a buyer's CMA for you. If you don't have an agent, I can give you the name of someone in our office in that area.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
973-228-1000 ext 132