Shu, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

i live in South Philadelphia, PA. in the recent 2 years, my parents neighborhood is getting worse. More kids from neighboring blocks are coming in

Asked by Shu, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jun 8, 2010

and play. Many cars are being vandalized. Just recently my car has been vandalized by drawings on the hood of the car with crayons. There are so many children, i cant pinpoint on who did it. Many other neighbors also have problems with children throwing all types of balls against residences walls and window. I worry for my parents safety all the time now. They want to move out of that block but money is really tight. I was searching on Trulia and there are some properties nearby that are under foreclosure. My parents price range right now is about $15000. I know its not much, but its all we have now to move out. I want to know, can foreclosure houses be a good option to move out?

Answers

1
If you are looking at RealtyTrac ads--keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information is not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties. Again any local agent can help you--contact any realty office(s) and inquire.