Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

delroysimpso…, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, FL

i have heard that the prospects for jacksonville is very good because of the widening of the shipping canal. is it a place to invest.?

Asked by delroysimpson70, Jacksonville, FL Thu Jun 27, 2013

Answers

5
Hi Delroy,

The prospects are very good for Jacksonville, not only because of the shipping canal, but because of the other economic development and jobs being added to our area. We are the 6th best city in the nation for technology jobs.

Jacksonville was one of the first cities in the nation tagged by Trulia as cheaper to buy than rent and it has been targeted by the institutional buyers as one of 10 cities to invest in. We are contacted often by people considering a relocation here, for both our economy and weather.

We are the least likely city in Florida to take a direct hit from a hurricane due to our geography, and we have more seasonal weather than our cities further south.

I have lived here over 20 years, relocating from Atlanta, and I can tell you that this is a city that is on the move and is finally on the map. Add to that our new Jaguars owner is looking into developing the Shipyards area downtown between the Football stadium and downtown Jacksonville, which will be a huge boon for downtown development.

Jacksonville is also the most requested last-duty station in the Navy.

Hope this is helpful to you and please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Sharon and Frank Alters, GRI, e-PRO, CDPE
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Jacksonville is an AMAZING GROWING city.......Living here all my life has been EXCITING!
You are RIGHT....there are many changes taking place at this time....the shipping channel is approximately 45' deep at this time.....larger vessels require a deeper channel....without any deep research...I believe the plan is to dredge another 2-3 feet in order to attract additional business...that is...those larger ships that require more depth.
A place to invest....NO.....JACKSONVILLE IS THE BEST PLACE TO INVEST!
Jacksonville is a GROWING city....so many things positive are in our favor....low taxes...the weather...the availability of workers...of land...of existing buildings....the ATTITUDE....I am SO proud of Jacksonville's growth.......PLUS...it is just a wonderful place to live!
Investing in business...in real estate....manufacturing....shipping...retail.....you name it ....It does't get much better ANYWHERE!

Donna Delegal
"The Real Estate lady"
Oceanside Real Estate
startpacking@comcast.net
(904) 732-PACK (904) 732-7225
Yes, investing in real estate in Jacksonville will give you a 10% to 12% return on your investment. Also, there is no state tax. Your money goes a long way here.

Contact me at : Margaret Rogers, Realtor SFR CNE
Watson Realty Referral
7821 Deercreek Club Rd
Jacksonville, Fl 32256
cell: 904-962-7703
http://www.mlrogersjax.com or mlrogers30@yahoo.com Download my App: Margaret Rogers RE
Jacksonville is growing by leaps and bounds! I recently had the honor of obtaining office space to lease in a gorgeous building at the airport! Perfect for new business that may require a hangar and concierge services. The housing market is also making that climb as well. If you are interested in more information about my city, please feel free to contact me. I would love to brag!

Rosina Eisenmann, REALTOR
904-482-8666
FAX 246-4873
Watson Realty Corp
RPAC Chair 2013
NEFAR - Beaches Council Chair 2012
Leadership Academy Graduate 2011

Be a blessing as you are blessed!
you sound like a lively person,for years i have looked at the possibility of buying something in florida. is it complicated for some one with not a lot of money and is the tax system difficult for a small operator. i have been encouraging my kids to go abroad to work ,what are the chances in the it .field.
Flag Thu Jun 27, 2013
Absolutely. Our market has increased 16% from last year. My company particularly has investors that work with us. We find the house, get it at a price that which after repairs, would bring in a significant profit to our investors. =)