Home Buying in Franklin>Question Details

eggreed, Home Buyer in Franklin, OH

i have great credit and cash. about 50,000. would likr e ke to buy but am still m arried is that a proplem?

Asked by eggreed, Franklin, OH Sat Apr 6, 2013

Answers

3
In Ohio if you buy and not divorced yet without taking precations it is still a dower sttee and it is assumed that your current spouse would be a coowner of the property for division purposes in domestic relations court. Not legal advice check with your attorney.
In Ohio, you can buy without the signature of Spouse. If you were selling since Ohio is a "Dower" state, it requires spouse signature. However since married your credit history is affected by your married status. You will need to talk to loan officer and get advice from them about if you can qualify for a loan.

Call me at 513-325-8207 for more discussion.
Depending on how friendly the terms of current relationship are it is not a problem. I have done transactions with people that are seperated but not divorced and it can be done and protect the property from the divorce.

Feel free to contact me if you are wanting to purchase or just want to talk this over 513-886-5250.