Me, Home Buyer in Mays Landing, NJ

i have decent credit. what percentage would i have to put down to buy a home?

Asked by Me, Mays Landing, NJ Thu Mar 28, 2013

Holly is spot on. You might be able to do 0% down for a USDA or VA loan (if eligible), 3.5% for FHA, 20% for conventional, programs like "live where you work," or you might find seller financing.

I'd love to put you in touch with an expert in this area who has done all of these and can help guide you to the best option for you. Please contact me at http://www.randolph-chester-homes.com or at Team-Helene@KW.com or just call: 973.207.9803 and let's talk.
That all depends on what you want to buy and where it is located. If you are buying a primary residential home, typically buyers put down 20% for conventional financing. If you put down less than 20% for conventional financing you have to pay PMI or Private Mortgage Insurance.

There are other financing programs available for many that require as little as No money down. There are FHA, VA and Rural housing programs. In many of our local areas, the Rural housing program is a great option because you can potentially receive 100% financing and others can even help with your closing costs, including the sellers.

My suggestion is to ask a mortgage specialist or realtor to help with your specific plans. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like some help.

Holly Cassidy
Down The Shore Realty
Ocean City, NJ
Depending where and what you want to buy... YOU CAN BUY WITH NO DOWN PAYMENT.. There are loans available that have a no down payment option. Just your closing costs! And some or all of those can be negotiated.

Search foreclosures and short sale here: http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com

"Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX"

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo When you want it Sold Fast!
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days