Home Buying in Corona>Question Details

JESUSISLORD11, Renter in Corona, CA

i have been given a summons that the home that i have been renting was sold, need good lawyer. anyone been in this situation.?

Asked by JESUSISLORD11, Corona, CA Thu Dec 20, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Steve Ornellas’ answer

See if you fall under CA's "Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act" - need to know info!

This might also be helpful:

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
Your post was in Dec 2012, How is it going ?
Let me know if I may assist you any ?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Does the landlord owe money did he get foreclosed on there is so much at stake to answer ,until all details from both sides are on the table .If you need a lawyer best bet look on the internet ,Good luck .

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2013
You are actually in a better position than you may think at this point. Contact a competent real estate agent for a thorough explanation of your options.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hello, sorry to hear of your situation. You may be eligible for cash for keys or 90-120 days rent free to re-locate. You may want to contact the Inland Mediation Board which is a free legal advice service for renters and landlords. Give them a call and they can give you legal advice and also represent you at no cost as well. Here is a brochure and keep us updated as to what they tell you please. Good luck. Inland Mediation Board brochure http://tinyurl.com/9q94d4k

Why rent when you can buy and pay less than rent. You may qualify for CHF Access half percent down payment program with a minimum 580 fico score and which can also contribute towards your closing costs as well. I specialize in Under 640 Fico Score Loans and offer credit repair at no cost to raise fico scores to qualify for the many loan programs I offer. Here are some links to study.



Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
Did you have a lease agreement? I am surprised that the bank did not give you cash for keys. I know of a good attorney, his name is John Mansour 909-941-1611, He is a real estate attorney. Good luck!

Joan Patterson, B.A, G.R.I., Realtor, License #01431647
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
According to the Tenant's Rights Act of 2009,
you are probably good until 30 days from their notice to move.
If you had a LEASE, the new owners, (the Bank) would have to honor it.
I wouldn't deign to give you LEGAL advice; but you probably should start packing.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
I'm assuming the house sold in a short sale or a foreclosure. You do have tenant rights based on your terms of rental contract. Did anyone offer you "cash for keys" which is common to remove the renter immediately if still under contract, which then waives your rights? However, based on your rental terms, you may get to stay in the property even though it sold. If the new buyer of the property wants you out, he may pursue an eviction process to have you removed That takes 90 days. I recommend talking with a real estate attorney to see what your rights are at this point.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
Do you have a current lease agreement?

Lots to discuss....

Give me a call at your leisure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer