Home Buying in Wilmington>Question Details

jennifer.mch…, Other/Just Looking in Wilmington, MA

i have a medium sized house and i want to be in a bigger house how?

Asked by jennifer.mchugh, Wilmington, MA Sun Jul 14, 2013

Answers

9
I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Hi Jennifer,

before listing or looking at any houses we help & encourage move up buyers to start by taking a look and finding out what their DTI is (debt to income ratio) and also to do a, tedious for some but necessary, thoroughly analysis of their budget to help them determine if a move up is feasible. This will give you a clearer picture on your buying power and how much you are comfortable paying for your new house. You can then get a few free market analysis from different brokers to help you determine the value of your home. This will also give you the opportunity to talk to a few of them be fore you pick one that you feel comfortable (this is very important) with. I hope this help & if we can be of assistance let us know.
Wen
wen@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
Jennifer- The best thing to do is first sit down and assess your needs and see if your finances and needs line up with each other. The first things to do:

1- Determine the value of your current home and what you will net from the sale. An agent CMA will help you with that.
2- Assess what you need in a new home and what that will cost you.
3- Get pre-approved for the purchase of a new home .

Many times with move up buyers I spend time showing houses before listing the first to make sure the move is viable and to find out if the move is waht you really want.

My office is in Tewksbury and I cover Wilmington. I would be happy to work with you to get the process started.
Besides figuring value of current home you need to sit with or speak to a mortgage person to determine if you can afford moving up assuming you are then you need a preapproval
Hi Jennifer -

I live in Wilmington and would love the opportunity to assist you in selling your home and finding you a new one. Please feel free to contact me and I will do some research on what your home could be listed at in this market. You can also look at my website to see about signing up for new listings to both watch your competition and start looking for your new home. I can be reached at 781-990-8625 (call or text) or email at jennifer@oaklawnmls.com.
Web Reference: http://www.oaklawnmls.com
Looks like you have two great options below - regardless, interview and hire a Realtor with expertise in your area. They will help you determine the value of your home and get you on the right track for selling and purchasing!

Hi Jennifer,
There are many factors to consider when moving. Asking yourself all the right questions will help you determine whether and how moving to a bigger house makes sense. It's not just about the value of your house, which of course is important to know, but also to look at the bigger picture. If you'd like to explore some of your options and some guidance in answering your questions that make the best sense for you, feel free to give me a call and we can go over your specific situation together. I'm only a phone call away at 781.789.5610. My email is moniquebarnum@kw.com
Thanks for your question,
Monique Barnum
Keller Williams
Hello Jennifer,
The first step would be to determine the value of your current home. We offer a free, no obligation market analysis on your property. Once you know the value of your home, you can determine the price range for your new home. I would be happy to discuss all this with you. I can be reached at 978-375-1918 or at Linda@AdvantageRe.com. I hope to speak with you soon.
Linda DuCharme
Hi Jennifer,

Your first step is to figure out what your current residence is worth. I would be happy to come by and talk to you about this and provide a market report for you. Once you know what you can expect for your home, then you can decide if it is worth it for you to move to a bigger house. Please feel free to call me at 978-857-5069 or email at mary@marygiroux.com Thanks, and have a great night!