No5hitson, Home Buyer in 22601

i have a friend visiting on a tourist visa, she want to invest in some rental properties. I would like to know if you buy in cash do you need a G.C.

Asked by No5hitson, 22601 Mon Aug 30, 2010

Answers

5
Vivianne Rutkowski’s answer
No5hitson,

Any chance your friend wants to purchase the property so HER HUSBAND can stockpile weapons and train terrorists?

Sadly, my birthday is September 11th, so I am somewhat paranoid about the issue.

I believe there should be some system in place to verify the foreign purchasers' ID's and intent.
Freedom of commerce is good and great; however, that freedom goes too far if other people must pay for it with their lives.
I completely understand.
I don't judge those who fear our freedom to live in a safe environment.
It may be allowed to buy a property if you have the cash without a greencard, but at this point, Americans need to understand that opening the door to "everybody" just for the money, isn't "great" at all.
So, go ahead, do some research and background check on your sweet friend, and if she doesn't have a list of crimes in her history or some weird believe that kills those who don't join them, welcome!
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Ha, did anyone look at this Buyer's Name?? Really now.
You do NOT need a green card.

Freedom to purchase is one of the reasons America is great!

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker

Serving Maryland, Virginia and D.C
301-651-8600
There is more to buying an investment property than just having cash. Who will be finding tenants for the property? Who will be managing the property for your friend? Who is in charge of repairs/emergencies at the property if they arise?

What type of return on investment is your friend looking for?

Yes you can buy a property without a green card but make sure you understand all of the other components of the transaction and what goes into being a landlord before you plunk down a large amount of cash.
It's MUCH easier to buy without a Green Card when you're paying cash. Please let me know if I can help!
Web Reference: http://www.jimmccowan.com