Home Buying in Green Bay>Question Details

Sarah Sauerh…, Home Buyer in Green Bay, WI

i have a credit score of 548 its from medical bills thats all is there a rent to own or lease to own available for a house we find which is under 50g?

Asked by Sarah Sauerhammer, Green Bay, WI Sun Apr 14, 2013

Answers

8
Hello Sarah Sauerhammer,
Good morning.
Are you still in the market to buy a home? If so, I would love to see if we can help you out. We can do loans down to 600 Credit Score. We also don't need 3 trade lines like many banks require. We work with 1st time home buyers all the time. Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
jlund@goldstarfinancial.com
Make sure you are always checking your credit report and trying to improve your credit score. Pay your credit cards in full and bills on time. You can always try creative financing like land contracts or rent to own. A tougher scenario but definitely something to work at to get into a home now!
We have the ability at Executive Mortgage, to go down to a 580 in FHA programs. One lender we are signed with can do 550, but there are overlays. The best thing you could do is give me a call at Executive, and ask for Justin Scott
(920) 530 4484

Thank you
Get a job! You and your medical bills- what a liar!
If you are seeking to purcahse immediately I would look into either Marine CU or Horizon CU. They have programs that will allow for credit scores below 600. If you want to tackle the task of improving your credit score I would contact Credit Matters out of Fon Du Lac at 866-895-4490 and talk to Renee.
Contact Cheryl Hujet at Nationstar Mortgage ~ 920-569-8428. She has a good connection to a reputable credit repair company. Total cost is $500, but they can raise credit scores pretty quickly, get derogatory items removed and even fix bankruptcies.

It is a challenge to find sellers that rent to own. You will have more success repairing your credit, then you will have more options available.

Malinda Trimberger
Broker Associate 920-639-2444
In traditional lending (FHA/Conventional) you are most likely going to need a minimum credit score of 640. There are local banks/credit unions that service the loans in house versus selling them on the secondary market that can work with your score pending no recent BK or Foreclosure. I know Marine Credit Union in Suamico does work with lower credit scores, but you will need a decent down payment and it will be a significantly higher rate then market. The other option if you are looking at more traditional lending (Good interest rate, and cheaper down payment) would be to work with a credit repair company. They can help dispute and eliminate some of the old negative items on your credit report. A good recommendation there would be Credit Matters in Fond du Lac.
Hi Sarah,
One question, do you have a down payment? The larger the down payment the more likely you will be able to find someone to do a rent to own.