Home Buying in Evansville>Question Details

Ashley Smith, Renter in Evansville, IN

i have a credit score of 551 can i get a home loan anywhere?

Asked by Ashley Smith, Evansville, IN Sun Aug 18, 2013

Its only medical bills on my credit report. I had a lender tell me i really dont have any credit i have never had any credit cards. I am a single mom and i am ready to start our lives in our own home that my kids can grow up in. Any suggestions please let me know

Answers

3
Ashley,

I have a couple of mortgage brokers that can help. They can tell you what you need to do to get qualified. Please give me a call at 812-459-3751 or email to david.goldenberg@era.com and I will provide you with names and contact information.
Hi Ashley,
It would be best to contact a lender. Lenders can give you an idea of which loan would be appropriate for you. Or, if you are unable to qualify, give you an idea of how you can improve your credit score to be ready for the perfect home.
Please feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to help you find the perfect lender.
812-454-0989
Dear Ashley,
Glad to heard you are considering home ownership!
You'll probably need to increase your score to 620 to qualify for a mortgage. Make sure you don't apply for other credit cards or loans. Also, pay your bills on time. You might want to enroll in a credit score watch service (major credit bureaus offer the service). Your credit score should increase over time.