Vinandlin22, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO

i have a contract on the house at 4324 robert it was a shortsale had to sign an ament form because they changed tlite co

Asked by Vinandlin22, Saint Louis, MO Fri Jan 25, 2013


Help the community by answering this question:


Dale Weir, Broker-Salesperson’s answer
If you specified a title company in the contract you wrote, then decided to use a different title company, then yes, you are supposed to do an amendment to change the terms of the contract (ie which title company is being used). It is very typical when you are purchasing a short sale to use the same title company for both the buyer and the seller. The majority of the time, we tend to go with the title company that the seller is using in this case because they are the ones who have actually been helping to work the short sale. The banks require preliminary HUD documents to be created by a title company and sent to the bank so they can determine their "net" after the short sale. Quite often the form has to be redone multiple times by the title company on the sellers side. As a result, they end up being very familiar with the contract and what the bank wants. This is one case where the agents have learned from experience that having the same title company on both sides helps to ensure that the home will close more smoothly

When working with reputable title companies I find that their charges are very similar. While there are many title companies out there, in reality there are not a lot of underwriters that actually ensure the title work so often you are using the same underwriter, even when you are using a different title company and getting the same protection.

i hope this helps you to feel more comfortable about the situation. If you have any further questions, I would suggest you talk to your Realtor and/or to the title company that you used for the sale
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
Consult with your agent. If you do not have one, feel free to call me and I would be happy to represent you. 314-540-1978.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
you can call me and I will explain a short sale to you. 314-494-2421.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
Who is your agent? I assume you mean an amendment. But your agent should be able to answer your questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
they way i understand it is two owned by the bank and a private owner
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
I looked up your home in our MLS and see that you closed in October 2012. Did you have a question regarding title work? Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to answer any questions for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
Hi Vinandlin22,

What is your question?

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer