Home Buying in West Mifflin>Question Details

michael, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

i hav narrowed my search to two houses that i like they are both priced at 39900, i need help getting approved

Asked by michael, Pittsburgh, PA Thu May 22, 2008

ineed help getting approved for the mortgage and would also like downpayment and closing cost assistance as i only have 4000 in the bank and have two kids to support. one house is in south park and one in west mifflin pa my credit score is in the 600's can anyone help me? i am a first time home buyer.

Answers

2
Angela Duda’s answer
I would call a reputable mortgage broker, or your bank. If you have friends or family who have a mortgage ask them if they can recommend someone to you. Stay away for getting pre approved online. Talk to someone in person. A good lender will tell you if you qualify for any special programs, or things like that. If you still need help give me a call and I can set you up with someone we use in our company. 724-994-1318. I am a licensed agent in PA.
First off, don't give up!
I'd start here:
http://www.hud.gov/buying/
This is the u.s. government's Housing and Urban Development website, they have a lot of useful information and links.

The HUD website has a list of "HUD approved Housing Counseling Agencies" in Pennsylvania; one in Pittsburgh is:

Fair Housing Partnership of Greater Pittsburgh
http://www.pittsburghfairhousing.org
412-391-2535-201
peter@pittsburghfairhousing.org
2840 Liberty Avenue
Suite 205
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222

Services:
- Fair Housing Assistance
- Homebuyer Education Programs
- Mobility and Relocation Counseling
- Money Debt Management
- Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling
- Predatory Lending
- Prepurchase Counseling
- Renters Assistance
- Services for Homeless