Home Buying in Hudson>Question Details

Betty, Other/Just Looking in Paauhau, HI

i am 57 with 2 children 13-14 can i buy into a 55 community

Asked by Betty, Paauhau, HI Thu Jun 21, 2012

Answers

4
Betty,

Email me the list of communities you have in mind, and I will check each one out for you because the each community will have their own rules and regulations.

Fred Strickroot, Realtor®, MBA, CDPE
HomeNet
Florida Lic. Real Estate Brokerage
2154 Seven Springs Blvd, Suite 103
Trinity, FL 34655
1-888-864-2758
727-478-8997
homenetyouteam@homenet.us.com
http://www.homenetyouteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi Betty, I agree, each Home Owners Association and their rules and regulations will outline this. If you want to email me the exaxt community, I can do the leg work to confirm your question.
Thank you. Jennifer Davida/Future Home Reatly 727-480-5031 Email: Theclosingteam1@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012
Betty,
To answer your question directly and explicitly, in the overwhelming number of communities is "YES YOU CAN BUY, BUT YOU CAN NOT LIVE THERE."

The intent of your question, I must assume is that you do intend to live there also.

This is a VERY complicated issue. There is 'the law' and there is what really happens. If you don't know the difference, you can spin your wheels in all the wrong places.

Each 55+ community has its own set of rules and regulations. How these communities deal explicitly with dependents must be examined on a community by community basis. Be aware, there are volumes and volumes of law regarding 'fair housing' that can be exploited. Hopefully, that's not the neighbor you want to be.

Real Estate Professionals explore the rules and regs on a consistent basis on behalf of buyers they currently are helping or have assisted in the past. They are your first resource in identifying those communities with liberal accommodation it their residency requirements.

Should it become apparent a solution can not be found for your situation, there are other litigious options that can be pursued. Before suggesting such an alternative, I would recommend you RESPECT the intent and purpose of a 55+ community and choose to live in an all ages location.

Let your real estate professional be your guide in this endeavor.

Best of success to you in finding the right place to live.
Chat with me at: http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEASY.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012
No, not normally... unless the association has openings under 55.. Contact the association directly or your Realtor can help you get in contact.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012