Home Buying in Bakersfield>Question Details

Kaotic13, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

i am trying to find out wat needs to be done in order to get a house that is bank owned and the last owner is deceased

Asked by Kaotic13, Bakersfield, CA Mon Jan 23, 2012

Answers

6
If I understand your question correctly; you stated the property is "Bank Owned" due to owner being deceased. If that's the case, you can get bank information from the local title company and contact that bank. Or quite often the bank will leave a notice posted on the door or window with contact information. Most banks have a system on-line for you to inquire about buying bank owned property. You dont have to be a Realtor to use this system. You will be connected to someone that can help you facilitate a purchase. Which means they will either connect you to an agent on contract or in-house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
If the home is bank-owned, a Realtor can find out which bank owns and then keep an eye on it to come active on the market. The unfortunate thing about bank-owned properties is that it can take a bank either a few weeks or a few months to get the house listed for sale.
If the previous owner died and there was no will, the home is not considered bank-owned, it's a probate sale. Probate sales can be time consuming, so it's important to get the correct information.
Again, you need to have a Realtor help you find the correct status of the property.

Either way, in order to buy this home or any home, you need to be pre-approved with a lender or have proof of funds to purchase a property with cash. If you would like names/ numbers of local lenders, please feel free to contact me and I'll provide you with those.

Valerie Ulrey
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
If you have any contacts with a local escrow or title company you can contact them and they can give you info on when the property went into default. They can also give you information on when or if it already went to trustees sale. If you don't know anyone in that line of work, contact a local Realtor that deals with foreclosures that can guide you and give you the best advise.
Web Reference: http://www.tonyayon.com
I can track it before it gets foreclosed on and try to get it before it gets listed. Shoot me the address.
I am a local realtor in Bakersfield. If you give me the address of the home I can get you all the information on which bank owns it and I can watch the house to see when it comes on the market. That way you can be the first one to get a chance to purchase the home if you wish to. Give me a call today!

Alli Fountain
661-302-2013
Allifountain@kw.com
Web Reference: http://Allifountain.com
Depending on which bank owns the home, you will most likely need to wait until it is listed for sale. If is a locak bank you can check their website to see if they provide a list of available homes.
Your best bet is to find an agent to watch for when the home goes on the market and assist you with your purchase.
Best of luck.
Lisa Jones
ERA Tom Grizzard