crimson8888, Home Buyer in 20152

i am shopping now what qualifications should i compare or questions i need to ask when selecting a realtor to assist me with the sale of my property..

Asked by crimson8888, 20152 Mon Feb 3, 2014

Answers

7
Susan Templeton’s answer
Fair questions of any Realtor:
1. Ask to see their listings that are active or sold (your specific type/location/price range)
2. Are you a full time Realtor? "R" logo on cards means they abide by professional ethics
3. Will I be working with you directly? (and do you like the person, feel they 'get you')
4. How will my property be listed and what costs do you expect me to pay for (specifically)
Remember, you can fire your Realtor or Lender at any time you are not happy with their service. If you decide things are not working, have a direct and professional converation about your concerns first to see if you can resolve your issues. Good luck!
First you should make sure the Realtor you choose is full time and successful. Ask how many homes they have sold in the last year. How is the Realtor going to market your property? The vast majority of buyer's are searching online, so a strong online presence is a must. Quality and quantity of pictures are very important. Does the agent use a professional photographer? Along with pictures what is the agent going to do to make your listing stand out on the internet? The next important part is how is the agent going to communicate with you during the home selling process. It's very important to have an open line of communication on showings and developments.
Great responses from Bill, Jill and Lisa. I REALLY like Lisa's reference to understanding the 'STRATEGY' that your REALTOR has in place. Effective strategies rely on market knowledge, understanding the obstacles, creating solutions and being active not reactive. A good strategy keeps the homeonwer in the drivers seat and in command of the negotiations. ---
What should you be asking? ----You should not ask a single question.-----What? That's CRAZY!!!!...----------Home owner actually only have four maybe five questions that need to be answered. The REALTOR you hire should know these question INTUITIVELY and will assuage them fully in their presentation. The right REALTOR will be in tune with what is REALLY important to you.
----------Of course I am not going to list those question here for everyone to see. But, I will present one.........You want to know that the agent you hire is protecting you....You need to know, "Does this REALTOR HAVE MY BACK?".......In the presentation, the REALTOR will share or demonstrate the measures taken to keep you from harm. I can be as simple as reviewing your social media presence or making sure your home is pre-inspected to usurp the shock of what may be unknown to you. ----------------Too often the homeowner thinks the agent who performs the best tricks is the most qualified. The reality is, the one who knows your purpose, understand your values, sheilds your vulnerabilities and has a strategy, is the one who will deliver what you really want to hire........Best of success, ------Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate Remax Realtec Group, -------- Palm Harbor, FL------ 727.420.4041 ------http://FIrstLookHomes.us.
Good morning, As a licensed agent having the experience I do now, these are just a few questions I would be asking if I were interviewing an agent today: -How long have you been in business? -What has your production looked like in the last 5 years? -What does your current "listing picture" look like (Active, Under Contract) -How many listings do you carry at any given time? -Describe your marketing approach -What is your strategy if traffic is light, or no offers within the first 2 weeks? These are just for starters. If you'd like to sit down and have a chat about what I can do for you...please feel free to drop me a line. Kindest regards, Lisa Lisa Moroniak | REALTOR® | Service360° SFR® - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified Keller Williams Realty Phone: 703-635-0388 http://www.LisaMoroniak.com Licensed in VA
Crimson, great question! I agree with what Bill Eckler from FL said in that you want a real estate agent with a plan beyond sticking a sign in your yard and putting in the MLS and having a clear marketing plan. To add to Bill's response I would also say make sure you choose an agent that you feel comfortable with and will listen to your concerns and work with you to resolve them. I am a local agent here in Northern VIrginia (live in South Riding) if you would like to hear how I would get your home sold feel free to contact me.

Jill Lord
http://www.chantillyhouses.com
jillnlord@chantillyhouses.com
You are asking this question at the right time......before you commit and list your home! One of the most often overlooked and important pieces to selling a home is having a very clear picture of exactly what your aren't and their company is going to do to market your home. Too many sellers focus their time and energy identifying a "high profile" company and agent to represent them and forget about what's most important. Selling a property goes far beyond posting the home on the local MLS and sticking a sign in the front yard. We always recommend that sellers, require a written copy of the agent's comprehensive plan for marketing your home. This should include: advertising, open houses, internet visibility, mailings, special activities, feedback, etc. Having a "blue print" to follow can assist you in charting the progress of your home's sale and provide both you and your agent with a check list to follow. Good luck,

Bill Eckler
Michael Saunders & Company
941-408-5363
Crimson

You want an agent that understands the market in your neighborhood. You want someone that will show you market information and know what they are talking about, you will know this talking to them. You also want them to give you a plan of action for selling your home. Open houses, marketing, etc. But most important is that you want an agent that listens to your needs in this transaction and not someone who Is going to run over you in the process.
But also realize that the agent is a professional and you should listen to them and pay attention to things like comparables and list prices to make sure you're being realistic and your desires will not hamper the sale of your home in the long run. Good luck!