Home Buying in Barrington>Question Details

Angela, Home Buyer in 60014

i am looking for a great buy for a single family home in Barrington or Cary. If any brokers know of a

Asked by Angela, 60014 Sat Feb 7, 2009

pre-foreclosure / foreclosure on a well kept home.... single mom looking for residential home w/ 1 child. Please let me know. Angela

Answers

5
Sites like Trulia or Realtor.com do not give you up to date information on what's available. The only way to get an up to date list of homes is through the MLS. Most realtors have you register your personal information on their website before they let you search the MLS. With my site there is no registration. If you ever have any questions on a home you find on my site I'd be happy to help you. I actually have a live chat on my web site so it makes it very convenient for you to ask questions via instant messaging as well.

Kathy Diegel
Coldwell Banker
Hi Angela,
There are a number of great buys in Barrington and Cary on the market today. Foreclosures / Short Sales and Bank Owned properties are all fantastic sources of possible deals, but don't overlook properties that aren't in distress for deals as well. Keep in mind that you want to keep an eye on the home's ability to be resold at some point down the road, so you want to properly take into account factors that can't be overcome with fresh paint and carpet when assessing the "goodness" of a deal.

Just because a home is distressed, doesn't make it a great deal. I was showing houses yesterday in Algonquin and we looked at a short sale that on paper looked like a steal, the problem is that even after a big investment in carpet/paint/appliances/counters, the house still didn't have a family room and didn't have the square feet to compete with other homes in the neighborhood, so we couldn't use the other homes as comps without making a big adjustment for size...not such a good deal after all.

As one of Barrington's top teams, we have access to many homes that are not yet listed in MLS, as well as being able to help you properly assess the impact of busy roads, power lines, school districts, neighborhood issues, train lines, proximity to shopping, etc.

For my money there are a couple of neighborhoods in Fox River Grove that are in the Barrington School District that are very competitively priced!

As the other agents have indicated, you should reply back with your requirements or email us directly.

Don't overlook Lake Barrington Shores. Fantastic gated community with attached homes in a vacation home setting. Super ammenities and some killer deals. Indoor pool, exercise facility, tennis etc.

Let us know how we can help.

Chuck Jacobs
http://www.JacobsSells.com
I live in Crystal Lake and have sold many homes in Cary and Barrington, especially short sales and foreclosures. I would be happy to send you some properties, or feel free to search my website, http://www.illinoisrealestate.com

Scott Epstein
Broker/Owner
IllinoisRealEstate.com
Hi Angela,
I could send you some choices.
Do you want attached or a separate detached single family home?
Can you give me what minimums you need in the home, like BRS, baths, garage and price limits?
I will need your email, so you should contact me off this site with all the information.
Web Reference: http://www.realtybob.com
Let me know your specifics (how many bedrooms, etc.), and I can send you emails directly from the Multiple Listing Service and keep an eye out for you on what you're looking for. Call me at 630-965-8803, so we can discuss looking at homes. What is your time frame? Do you currently rent? If so, what is your lease term? I would love to be your Realtor. Call me today!

I look forward to talking with you! Chris Manisco, Residential Specialist
Web Reference: http://www.ChrisManisco.com